 Technic / 1479
Re: 8001 Battle Droid - Mini Review
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2000 23:11:20 GMT

Ralph Hempel says...
Anyways, I was out picking up some LEGO for gifts and I
took a second look at the 8001 Battle Droid. 328 pieces for
about $40.00 CDN was not a great deal, and it had no parts
that I needed, but the idea of a model that unfolded and was
dynamic sure intrigued me.
As I built the droid, I began to appreciate the skill with
which it was designed. The kit is packaged in three bags,
legs, torso, and backpack/arms.

If you haven't yet tried it, get the 8002 Destroyer Droid as well.
8001 is good, but 8002 is simply amazing.  The mechanism by which
everything unfolds is intricate to a degree not equaled in any other
TLG set, except maybe the large Technic sets (>1k pieces).
It has the same kind of "gee whiz, how did they do that?" value
as a lot of the MOCs that talented Technic/Mindstorms builders post.

Chris Jeris