 Technic / 1468
Re: Insides of new technic motor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 01:19:32 GMT

I had one mess up and took it apart.  I stupidly threw it away, but I can
describe how to.  On the four corners, take a small screw driver and wiggle
the little peg off. WARNING: THE MOTOR CAN NOT BE PUT BACK TOGETHER!!!!  The
peg is plastic and should break off after a while.  Then you have to take
the axle and slam it against the table axle down.  Don't slam too hard or
it'll mess up.  The objects that are inside the motor are: The motor (DUHHH)
and the thing which the axle is on.

Incase you wonder how I know, some of the brushes in the motor melted(go
figure?).  I took it apart after I called Lego about a replacement and
explored the motor.  There is still no way to put it back together and it
work completely, but it can work off and on, due to the wires shorting out.

Oh, I forgot, there is also a electric plate you can cut out(the wires have
to be cut, the plate slides out though.)  You can make your own sensors out
of this plate, or anything else that you want

Legoer,
Adam Ogle

Michael Firman <mikefirman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
Purely out of interest, has anyone dismantled a technic gear motor? (The • new
grey ones) I have taken the back cover off one that has jammed, but I • cannot
remove the round black thing just beneath that. I am interested to know
exactly what goes on beneath that innocent grey lego outer cover...

Mike