 Technic / 14606
  Re: Scrapers

(...) I've never read anything to support this supposition. I've always thought scrapers mainly use mechanical transmissions. I know Caterpillar likes to put mechanical transmissions in things where other makers only use diesel-electric. I'm sure (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Scrapers

(...) Thanks Steve. Another thought- You know those long oval-shaped arms (one end bigger then the other) that connect the front half to the rear half? I bet there is a chain in there that drives the auger (or blades). Maybe it is the front engine (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)