 Technic / 14598
Re: Walking Excavator KAISER S2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 2005 21:26:42 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Beat Schuler wrote:
Hallo
My name is Beat, and I live in Switzerland. Forwards approx.. one year has I
that Lego build rediscovered. My first MOC after the Dark ages is a walking
excavator, "KAISER  S2".

Pictures can see you in my Brickshelf Gallery:

I realized the following functions in this model:

Upper Structure:
Turning is driven with two old style 9Volt eletric motors
The excavator arm is completely pneumatic and consists of 4functions:
Boom, dipper, bucket und telescope dipper

All these five digging-functions are  served from the remote control, where
itself also the compressor, driven of four 9Volt electric motors.
The under carriage consists of four legs, two with wheels and two with feets as
well as additional small wheels. All carriages can be adjusted pneumatically in
the height, as well as in the width to be positioned manually. Thus the model
can work also in steep area.

Link to real Machine: http://www.kaiser.li/

Nice!  I like MOCs with lots of pneumatics (in case anyone hadn't noticed :-)
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=82736 )

I see you've used two cylinders together in several functions.  How have you
kept them straight whist avoiding strain on the nozzles?

There's a new piece in the 8421 crane that does the job now.

Mark