 Technic / 14528
  steering

When I built my crane chassis, I found out that using gears would make it springy (due to the weight of the chassis), and also veryu difficult from the point of steering. I did notice however, that when the steering axle is turned in the middle, (...) (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: steering

(...) Never mind about this. I found a solution. (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: steering

Hi, me around 2 years ago I had started to build a DEMAG AC 500 and I they have succeeded in making to steer all the 7 couples of wheels in optimal way and with ACKERMANN, I attach you the link : (URL) Excuse for the bad quality of the photos (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: steering

Opssssss sorry the link is : (URL) sali" <fabio.sali@tin.it> ha scritto nel messaggio news:ILoxwp.rwt@lugnet.com... (...) way (...) it (...) from (...) continue (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: steering

Thanks. But I figured out a way to set up my steering. I'll just be lazy and use the Lego Technic Crane idea of having the steering in the end of the vehicle. (I have found that it is difficult to control a 6+ axle steering by a knob on the top of (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: steering

(...) To make the steering work best, the external knob should turn the outermost sets of wheels, ie the ones nearest the front and back of the crane, with the most direct link possible, then gear it down towards the centre to steer the rest. TLC (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: steering

(...) This I sort of figured out when I was trying to test the steering. Maybe when I strip it down, I 'll revamp the steering (but the thing is I want all the steering axles to steer). (19 years ago, 24-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)