 Technic / 14434
14433  |  14435
Subject:
Pneumatic XOR Loops
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 9 Aug 2005 19:22:01 GMT

I've looked at the concept of multiple XOR gates being driven by a main loop and
it will work, provided that you get the enabling sequence correct.  The loop
must not be allowed to advance till the XOR function has moved.  Therefore the
air supply to the cylinders of the next step in the loop has to be gated by a
switch driven by the XOR cylinder.

Another proviso is using extra isolating switches, driven by the XOR cylinder,
on the enabling lines so that there is only ever one way to make the lines leak,
wherever the functions driven by them are load-bearing or sprung in any way.
They aren't on the P+P robot but on a walker they probably would be.

See also my P+P robot diagram:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/mbellis/Technic/Pneumatics/PnP-Robot/pnp_robot_circuit.jpg

and my earlier post (not wishing to make this one too long!):
http://news.lugnet.com/technic/?n=14429

Mark