 Technic / 13939
Re: Large Front Loader
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 21:14:38 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Vineet Honkan wrote:
   John Fors-

I just took a look at it and it’s very nice! The idea of putting the valves in front of the steering wheel was pure genius! It gives it a somewhat realistic view. Is the steering pneumatic-driven, like how the real thing is hydraulic-driven? The reason I ask is because the front part looks a bit too cumbersome to use just gears alone. But all in all, a nice model, and I love the color scheme!

Keep on building!

Thanks for feedback

Yes - the steering definitely is pneumatic, and works quite fine for such a large model. The axel you see coming from rear to front section of loader is the main engine drive shaft.

One interesting design approach is that I have 2 separate pneumatic tanks linked to the pumps at the rear of the Loader. This allows me to isolate the pressure between the main lift cylinders vs that of showel tilt + steering. Otherwise you find that when the shovel is in raised position, and then steer the loader it will loose enough of pressure to have the shovel come down a little nudge...

Ciao