 Technic / 13350
  Re: Pneumatic Arm

(...) Actually the only problem I encountered was a slight twist weakness in the very top and very bottom segments and the physical stress limits (vertically) of the Axles... I didn't actually reinforce it with beams at all.. looked awesome and (...) (20 years ago, 15-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Arm

(...) Yes it is surprisingly sturdy - I even built one with just #12 axles and no diagonal bracing, and it worked very well. But they allowed significant twisting, it wasn't enough to make them fail but I wouldn't like to push it. (URL) (20 years ago, 16-Dec-04, to lugnet.technic)