 Technic / 13028
  Suspension

How would you go about creating a pneumatic suspension system? I don't see thaty you could, unless you only had a partially-filled cylinder. Andrew (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Suspension

Andrew- You have a nice idea, but the problem I see with it is that there is no digital counter to measure the distance of the piston at its starting point. Here's a link to a pretty neat website about air suspension: (URL) you looking for ground (...) (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Suspension

(...) I'm not actually building a vechicle at the moment. I was just wondering how it could work, because many sites list pneumatic cylinders as "large shock absorbers." Andrew (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Suspension

(...) With Lego pneumatic parts it would be different from the real thing, since Lego cylinders are to coarse in operation, with to much friction to be able to stop accurately at a given position with a given air pressure. However, the way to do it (...) (20 years ago, 17-Aug-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Pneumatic steering (was Re: Suspension)

I am currently trying to build a vehicle with pneumatic steering. Pneumatic steering: If you move the lever on your control-unit slightly to the left/right, the vehicle will make a wide turn left/right. * If you move the lever on your control-unit (...) (19 years ago, 3-Apr-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Pneumatic steering (was Re: Suspension)

(...) The ways to get round your last issues are: Use flex tubing for most of the long tubes - this eliminates the balloon effect. You can get one-way valves from Big Ben Bricks: (URL) With sudden movements you will still get air escaping though. (...) (19 years ago, 3-Apr-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)