 Technic / 12767
Re: SSClagorpion - Compressor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 2004 21:45:32 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
   In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
   I know how much Steve likes to wait, so......

The pumps do not achieve full range of motion. They expand completely, but do not contract completely. This is because the pistons are not perfectly placed away from the center, so the extra length of the unused throw allows the small pulley that hooks all the pistons together to twist.

I was wondering about that.

Wait, that doesn’t seem quite right.

They all connect together, and that assembly is attached to a medium pully, right? So, the assembly moves back and forth (actually, in a circle) two full studs. Is that the complete distance of travel for a small piston?

At each point in the circle, one piston should be fully extended, and another fully contracted. So it shouldn’t be possible for the pully the are all attached to, to twist.

I had to steal cams from my son, but I improved the geometry. I cannot figure out where all my cams went.......

Improved geometry.

http://www.kclague.net/SSCorpion/P6050011.JPG

I’ll test it soon.

Kevin