 Technic / 1268
    Re: 8480 fiber optic help needed —Steve Borden
   Hi Susan. Try double-checking the connection from the fiber optic unit to the polarity-reversal switch. The connector should attach only to the right-hand switch (the one which controls the doors, arm, & fiber optics). The instructions aren't very (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: 8480 fiber optic help needed —Susan Hoover
   (...) Thanks, Steve, that was it exactly. Step 32 does *not* make it clear at all that the connector goes on the right half of the polarity switch. I had it in the middle. Looking closely at step 33, however, I can see that the connector appears to (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: 8480 fiber optic help needed —Timothy Carl Buchheim
     (...) yeah, I had to go back a few pages once or twice when I built mine. There are a few places where the instructions weren't quite clear, and one or two places where I think they really should have put pieces on in a slightly different order. But (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.technic)

        Re: 8480 fiber optic help needed —Thomas D. Fulk, Jr.
   (...) I have 2 copies of the 8480, and I noticed in 1 set I have an extra page 53 (step 32) loose in the book, which has an extra frame with top view showing how to hook the cable correctly. The page made into the book does not have this extra (...) (25 years ago, 17-Mar-00, to lugnet.technic)