 Technic / 12667
Re: SSClagorpion - Compressor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2004 01:19:59 GMT

In lugnet.technic, David Laswell wrote:

I think Kevin has the right idea with racking up a whole bunch of pumps on the
same motor.  If everything pumps into one air tank anyways, you're going to be
restricted to what can go through a single nipple, but there's no reason why you
can't have a constant airflow going into the tank.

One thing I noticed is that the example pump someone showed earlier has both
output lines joined into one T connector, to make a single output line. If
airflow is a problem, then wouldn't it be better to keep them separate, with two
or more lines going to the system. You would join them together with a cross
feed lines to keep the pressure even. You would also put the air tank on the
side, instead of flowing through. If there's more pressure being produced than
the system needs at the moment, air goes in the tank, if there's less pressure,
air comes out of the tank.