 Technic / 12665
Re: SSClagorpion - Compressor
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 20 May 2004 23:03:45 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

So, we're talk'n about compressors.

This is where I'm thinking we should layout some questions so those who are
following along (like me, until I get my hands on the eleptapod).

Heh I just made that word up!

Steve, Kevin, if you could, please, and if you don't mind, please play along.

Ok, Compressors for Leg Movement:

Lots of Legs, How many Compressors.
One right?

K, Motor control for said compressor(s) to RCX, or Battery Box with possible
motorized polarity switch for on/off position.
Right?

Pneumatic Switch Control to RCX.
Spybot motor output to sensor to RCX to directional control of the Legs?
Right?

Or would you like the Spybot to just talk to the RCX(s).
I know we have to point the RCX towards the Spybot.
(Spybot in the head, two RCX behind pointing fwd, twds, back of Spybot.)
Right?

Kevin, what can I help you discuss in terms of construction.
Steve, what can we do to help prepare Kevin to install Compressor at the best
place in the body as well as placement theory of the other controls.

Kevin, what does the best motorized Switch Control look like for you.
Or do we need that?
Or will you rig the gate logic in the pneumatics to move sequentially?
That is to say will each leg be controlled independantly or will you link them
so they move together in the air circut per given leg set.

Head hurts yet?

Pardon the questions, I just like to clarify every once in a while to cover up
my other simultaneous projects.

heh heh.