 Technic / 12575
Re: SSClagorpion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 22:21:45 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Steve Hassenplug wrote:

Hey guys. Just checking in to give my Friday Hugs and Kisses.

Let's return to basics and give a breakdown of current studies and efforts.

Where do we stand with our beloved, yet silly named project?

I personnaly know, but let's lay it out for the masses.

1. Kevin Clague and Steve Hassenplug have both been working on walking logic and
leg attributes.

2. Kevin has completed a couple of Preliminary Leg designs.

3. Some outstanding issues yet to be tackled are as follows:

a. Determination of the leg preformance as it relates to weight and load
bearing.

b. Solution that includes a weight bearing mid point stop within the leg design
to channel the robot's body load directly throught the leg structure.
This allows the pistons that actuate the legs to be semi free of the overall
weight that is channeled down through the body.

c. What kind of goofy stuff I can decorate it with.

d. Creation of the central body truss, once a satisfactory leg design is
realized. Strides are being made by Kevin and Steve in this area.

e. Determination of the walking logic, controls and mechanisms that will factor
in the wieght of the walking truss itself. Then we can see what kind of weight
the main body can hold. Then a foray into the Arms and Tail can begin.

f. The order may not matter, it was fun to write anyway.

I feel smart,or is it the coffe? Or the company I keep?

Cheers gentleman.