 Technic / 12489
Re: Generic replacement for flex hose
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 24 Apr 2004 21:24:59 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Ross Crawford wrote:
Hi all,

Anyone that wants generic flex tubing for models look in your local hobby shop
for evergreen scale models tubing
http://www.evergreenscalemodels.com/Shapes.htm#Round%20Tubing

The 3.2mm (1/8") tubing is a perfect substitute for LEGO flex tubing, and comes
in lengths up to 60cm (24"). It only comes in white but is easy to paint.

ROSCO

There's also this, which may be the same stuff:
http://www.plastruct.com/Pages/Action.lasso?-database=PI.PRODUCTS.fp5&-Layout=Complete&-Response=OnlineProductDetail.html&-op=eq&CCode=TBFS-4&-Search
This is 0.40 each or 10 for 3.75 (0.375 each)

I spoke to a supplier at a model railway show today.  He was selling individual
white styrene 3.2mm tubing about 14" long for 35p (50c?).  I didn't buy as it
looked expensive.  He said that Evergreen was cheaper in packs - I see from your
link that it's 5 for 2.19 (0.44ea), 25 for 9.50 (0.38) or >100 for 0.38 each.
Looks like he was wrong, but it depends what he can get it for in the UK.

I see from google that a couple of other suppliers will do the tubes for 33p,
one of them doing free UK postage for orders over £30.

Still, 33-35p each is still quite expensive - what would the cost direct from
TLC be, if we were able to get bulk packs of 100?  Are 100 metre reels of this
stuff available?

Mark