 Technic / 12426
Re: The latest from Epsilon's Lego Williams range!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.build.schleim
Date:
Sat, 17 Apr 2004 11:02:48 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Paul Baulch wrote:
   In lugnet.loc.au, Matthew Jeffery wrote:

the new williams fw26 (this is the 2004 williams for those who don’t follow f1 all that much) ... PLMKWYT - I need the advice!

You need to use slopes and tiles more, to smooth out the surface. Don’t you have some blue and white slopes and tiles?

I have blue tiles in excess, but not in the sizes I really need. I have white tiles as well, but in order to do some of the trickyness to get the sidepods 1 plate thick I can’t use tiles (and the sidepods look really odd if the white is higher than the blue - look at some of my previous models which used white tiles to get an idea of this)

As for slopes, well, to get the spine on the top airbox correct, I can’t use the slopes that I used on previous versions, and slopes don’t provide the correct slant for the “walrus” nose at the front. I did use some technic 1x6x1.3 wing end slopes where I stuck the williams sticker, but that’s about it.

Being 16, I can’t get the parts I want when I want them, and this pretty much used up all of my white plates. therefore, I can’t really get the sideways slopes which are perfect for this model.

Anyone care to comment on the suspension? some other tricky building tips would be cool - I want to make as streamlined a shape as possible, without compromising strength (I take it to school as our Lego team mascot) or looks - anyone interested in the actual shape of the real car can email me and I’ll send a pic.

   Cheers,

cheers,

Matt