 Technic / 12401
Re: SSClagorpion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 20:32:05 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:

Ignoring side walking for a moment.....

  1) One motor to turn a single switch on/off.  This allows or prevents walking.

  2)  One motor to flip 8 switches.  This one controls walking vs. turning.

  3)  One motor to flip 8 switches.  When walking, this one controls forward vs.
backwards.  When tuning (in place), this one controls right vs. left turning.

That was my second choice.

Ok, three motors.

If it can be worked out, we COULD combine #1 and #3, right?
Leaving:
1) Function (walk/turn)
2) Direction (forward/backward/stop)

I assume both of these groups are controlled only by motors, and at no time are
they moved by pistons.

I still think walking sideways is cool, but optional.

I see no reason to turn off one side or the other, when we already have a
mechanism that will turn in place.

Right.

You might want to study this:

http://www.kclague.net/Quad242/index.htm