 Technic / 12390
Re: SSClagorpian
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 01:03:31 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.technic, Eric Sophie wrote:

<snip>

  We may want to be able to articulate the hips to help SSClagorpion posture for
the attach.

If you want to do that, create the legs to have two degrees of movment and I
link the upper part of the Legs you create to the main connection point of the
body with Technic Turntables. So the 3 degrees required for each leg will be
divided into 2 parts pnuematic and one part mechanically articulated.

I mean you could have all 3 degrees per leg, wow, that's insane! But that's the
point right? This is what is possible.

Consider the upper leg connection to be mechanical if you so choose.
your choice.

I assumed that this third degree of freedom would me motorized.

Kevin

Oh excellent, then do you feel comfortable...or rather can you create everything
from the Technic Turntables down? Just give me something to grab from off of the
Legs to begin connections to the Turntables. Or you do it, or we could make a
standard. So they'll mate up to the main body.

btw, as you know, using Technic Turntables at this connection point on the body
is a sound way of creating this crucial joint. Work the turntable into the upper
joint of the Leg desgin, if you don't mind me suggesting.

{[On the other hand you could turn the Turntable into a big L-shaped lever and
articulate it pneumatically, with no motors at all. Then it could be part of
your circut. ?}

I'll take it from there. Or rather I can complete all of the internal gearing
and worm drives, along the center axis of the body.

Seriously, you might want to consider this, you know how the Technic Turntable
slipts in half? Well you should build the legs up to the "Top part" of the
Turntable and have it clip into the "Lower part" of the turntable on the main
body truss I create? Same with the Arms and Tail. I just provide the heviest
duty joint at the main body.

This 2 step pnuematic (lower half of leg) , 1 step motorized (upper leg joint)
can be managed by the RCX, it includes the pnuematics valve sensor controls
anyway. It'll all work together.

What do you suggest?
wait until your happy with a leg design ready to attachment to the central body.
You'l need your own Central body truss work to contain the Legs and and do
Testing! Boy this is sounding like alot of work on your end. Sure you don't want
me to build the body frame or perhaps arms and tail? What do you want?
Either way you'll know more once your creating the structure.
whatever works best for you.