 Technic / 1230
Re: Small Chain Links DACTA Parts Bag
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 15:50:28 GMT

"Joe Kopena" <joe@plan.mcs.drexel.edu> writes:

How many of them do you need to be useful? The bag includes 108
links, if you put them all together how long of a chain would that
make?

Each link has two notches for meshing with gears.  So you can compare
them with the racks to find the lengths.  (One 1x4 rack has ten
teeth.)  So 108 links would give 86.4 studs length.

These small chain links mesh properly with the 8, 24 & 40 tooth
gears, correct?

They don't go well with the 8 teeth gear cogs, but the others are just
fine.

Fredrik