 Technic / 11850
Re: Hailfire Droid -- Why Not a Technic Set?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 2003 16:22:52 GMT

My opinion is that when a set comes with 0 LEGO bricks, there's no question that
it's a (very recent) TECHNIC set.* I'm looking at my own Hailfire Droid I just
got for Christmas, and I just can't find any. It's all liftarms and axles.

Come to think of it, my own Back-Hoe Loader is all liftarms and axles, too. Oh,
nope, wait, I found some normal LEGO pieces: three are used to make the thing
that lets you steer at the top, and 1x1 round plates are lights.

Although it's true that lately LEGO hasn't been labeling the Star Wars sets that
are clearly TECHNIC ones, like Jango Fett and the Super Battle Droid.

Anyway, the Hailfire Droid IS a TECHNIC set, no matter what the box says.

*And I'm with Kevin: BIONICLE is not TECHNIC.