 Technic / 11578
    One Input - Two Outputs? —Duane Hess
   Has anyone been able to drive two seperate outputs with a single motor? Here's what I'm looking for advice on: Step One: Motor and Outputs A and B are all in their Home position. Step Two: Motor is manually turned on and Output A is driven to it's (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: One Input - Two Outputs? —Steve Hassenplug
   (...) One way to do that is to have a rubber-band/spring/shock holding "Output B" in it's starting position. Then, you can use a differential to move both A and B. Going forward, A will be easier to drive, so it will push A to it's limit, then B (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: One Input - Two Outputs? —Chris Phillips
   (...) You also might check out a construct called a Directional Transmission. This is a simple setup using a sliding worm gear that does pretty much what you are describing. Michael Powell has a web page describing his design that I used (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: One Input - Two Outputs? —Duane Hess
   (...) That's one of the links I was trying to find the other day! Thanks. I'm not sure if it will do what I want, but I'll have to stare at it a while to find out. Keep the ideas coming, if there are more. -Duane (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: One Input - Two Outputs? —Duane Hess
   (...) Well, I think this is going to work. Do you have any pictures of the logic/gearing used downline from the transmission? I am concerned with how the worm gear makes the transition from front to back and the resulting interaction with the drive (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: One Input - Two Outputs? —Tobbe Arnesson
     Hi! Here's something at Brickshelf that might, or might not, be of help: (URL) pretty compact. Although it feels like a dif. and a couple of ratchets would do the same thing (but not what you're looking for). (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: One Input - Two Outputs? —Chris Phillips
   (...) The key to making this work is to ensure that there is tension at either end of the run that keeps the worm gear at one end of the axle or the other until it hits a hard stop. For example, my robot arm uses rubber bands to hold the gripper (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)