 Technic / 11338
Re: Pneumatic Camera Tilt Unit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.animation, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 09:03:05 GMT

In lugnet.animation, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.animation, Mike Thorn wrote:
Hello all,

For an animation project I'm starting, a camera tilt and pan unit became
necessary. Here's half of it, the tilt part. (I haven't designed the pan part
yet) Forgive me if I'm misposting this; this is my first major MOC post.

Deep links: (forgive me for simply providing URL's. I haven't quite figured out
the FTX system here yet)

<http://brickshelf.com/gallery/Buachaille/camtilt/aaa_overview.jpg>

Hi Mike,

  I could not get any of your links to work..... Any hints?

They work like a charm to me!?

Cool use of pneumatics Mike, how is control? Pneumatics tend to "jump" from one
position to another that would give a pretty non-smooth camera pan?

The airtank (yours and the LEGO version);
Does it really need an in and out? Would not an in be enough since it would act
as out as the preassure in the rest of the system drops?

--
Best regards,
/Tobbe