 Technic / 11206
Re: RCX's
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 1 Sep 2003 23:05:46 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Vineet Honkan wrote:
Hey guys-

Do any of you happen to know the shelf life of an RCX brick? The reason I ask is
because I recently took out my brick (after leaving it unopenned in it's
mindstorms box for a few years), and when I put in new batteries in it, it
didn't work. For it to work, must the IR tower be hooked up to the computer?

The firmware gets erased if you take out the batteries.

Plug in the IR tower, start the RIS software and download the firmware again.