 Technic / 11097
Re: Storage and work area related question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.storage
Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 12:32:36 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Tobbe Arnesson wrote:
In lugnet.technic, John Seemon wrote:
Hi,

I have acquired a lot of technic and mindstorms sets over the past few years. I
now am faced with a problem related to storage and my desk area.

I want to know if you have any ideas on this.

I don't want to move my parts in and around my desk area when I decide to work
on a model and have it sorted, re-packed into containers/boxes and stored
elsewhere after use.

So, basically, what you're looking for is a way to stow away all the bricks when
you do not build?

I was thinking of a desk, like the ones found in schools. Under the top board
will be a large storage area. I am planning on a table top of 4 ft by 3 ft.

Depending on what you build, that sounds quite small! I know I use all the table
space I can get my hands on :)

Also, when you have a storage compartment under the table top you might hit your
knees all the time?

Does anybody have suggestions?

Shelfes! Lot's of shelfes!

Hi,

Like you said, i think my options are only shelfes and lots of it. Thanks for
the tip. In fact, shelfes may be cheaper option than the desk i had in mind. I
will use my currrent desk and stack the shelfes beside me and I also have a good
enough corner in my house for this.

Thanks a ton!

John