 Technic / 10883
  Re: A better full adder!

(...) I wasn't trying to imply that you hadn't actually tried it... I was only suggesting that I didn't think that pistons being driven solely by the compression of air created by the expanding of other pistons would be strong enough to compress (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: A better full adder!

(...) No offense was taken. My appologies if I gave that impression. I just completed some load testing on the compressing piston. It easily switched 2 switches, was just barely able to switch 3 switches, and clearly couldn't do 4 switches. Since (...) (21 years ago, 1-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: A better full adder!

(...) As a follow-up, over time the air pressure in the closed compression loop drops due to slow leakages, so it requires periodic recharging. One way is to remove and reseat the tubing, but a beter way is to add another T and a hand pump to the (...) (21 years ago, 2-Jul-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)