 Technic / 10808
Re: Mechanical Memory for Computing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 11:55:50 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Brian H. Nielsen wrote:
   Inspired by the recent pneumatic computing thread I have created some
LEGO mechanical memory.  It is an adaptation of a possible design for molecular
level RAM.

<SNIP>

   The molecular level RAM design included multiple bytes stacked up and a
method to select which one was being read/written, but it involves additional
structure containing flexible rods for which there is no suitable LEGO
counterpart.  I am working on alternate methods, but I am not hopeful at this
point in time.

   Please let me know what you think.

Brian

Do you happen to have any links to the molecular RAM design you are referencing?
It would be very cool to compare and contrast your excellent model with the
"real world" counterpart.

Jona