 Technic / 1069
Re: I just bought 8257 and 8269 for a total of $23.00 at Wal-Mart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 15 Feb 2000 09:02:34 GMT

In lugnet.technic, Jeff Barnett writes:
Two of the worst sets i have ever seen. But they were on clearence.  I got
both sets, all together for $23.00.  I'll probably just use em for the
pieces.  They came with a lot of unusual pieces, including shocks.  I like
those.

Just wanted to let everyone know there is still hope for cheap sets out there.

I agree with the worst set conclusion =). However on clearance they have some
interesting parts. I like the rubber/missle launcher bits... I can use the
Rubber "missle" as feet/legs for mindstorms stuff.. the rubber ends would be
good for walking robots on slippery surfaces.

I picked up a few 8266's on clearance.. just for the motors.

I just wished the cyber kits used another color besides teal and purple... hmm
actually purple might be useful if I want to try to make a purple bodied
8448.. that would be kinda neat.

Regards,

Kurt