 Technic / 10607
  Re: Variable Speed, reversible pneumatic engine

(...) works, but now I get it. For anyone else who's lost, here's how I understand it: The casing of the differential is held still by the gear in the clear box. This means that the input shaft from the pistons comes in, turns the inner differential (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)

  Re: Variable Speed, reversible pneumatic engine

(...) Hi Jason, I'm glad you like the engine. I'm not really into engines. I was just trying to satisfy Paul Kreig's desire to have a reversible engine, and it struck me that a differential was an easy mechanical way to do it. I love differentials. (...) (21 years ago, 9-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build)