 Technic / 10567
  RE: I Win!

(...) But it's still a worm gear, so it's really only good for positioning devices, not for gear reduction. I agree with others that a small, efficient gear reducer would be more useful than another worm. --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I Win!

(...) But, its an improvement. How many threads have been tossed around complaining about the backlash problem with worm gears and the various gear boxes. I'm telling you that this new gear box is an improved version of the old config. What's with (...) (21 years ago, 6-Jun-03, to lugnet.technic)