 Technic / 1024
Re: Fredrik's Loader
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2000 19:30:24 GMT

"Adam Ogle" <oglewood@lcs.net> writes:

This is just for Fredrik, and anyone else who wants to know.  I built
Fredrik's loader and have some pictures on my site.  It is not exactly the
same one, but who cares.  It is at http://www.lcs.net/users/oglewood/

Way cool!  The Rock Raiders wheels look great on the all-black body.
Are they wheels plastic, or do they have a rubber tread?  If they are
plastic, then they may lack a bit traction, but I'm sure it works well
on a carpet, say.

I'm impressed that you managed to build it from my poor instructions.
I've been thinking about redoing the instructions for a while, but
I've been busy building new models in stead!  :-) And now that John
Jensen has drawn the bucket in LDraw, all the parts for this vehicle
are soon official, so I don't have any reasons not to redo the
instructions anymore.

It's also cool to see from your images that you've used the lift and
tilt functions of the bucket.  I spent two evenings tinkering with a
"draft" for this model before I figured out how to get both functions
so easily available in such a small space.  It was also hard to get
the bucket to stay at the same angle when lifting it.

You've probably also noticed a "dirty fact" about this model: If you
turn the top steering wheel one way, the central steering turns the
opposite way!  So steering this model around takes some time getting
used to.  To be honest, I didn't notice this fault myself until the
model was complete, and I couldn't figure out how to fix the problem
without adding much more structure, which would look bad.

I've added a link to your model from my page here:

    http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/loader/

I was very happy to see that you built my model, Adam!

Fredrik