 Technic / *18306 (-20)
  Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?

Hi, I've never been a big Technic fan, but I've bought a few sets over the years and my next major LEGO purchase will probably be that big yellow RC bulldozer. I've always been interested in incorprating technic elements into minifig scale (...) (17 years ago, 7-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 2008 Technic Sets..

(...) I agree that IF this was all that is going to be release next year then I would be very dissapointed. However this happens every year. First we see the sets to be released in the first quater, which are the sets that you have posted here (...) (17 years ago, 7-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic)

  2008 Technic Sets..

(URL) this is all that LEGO is releasing for 2008 I have to say that I am disappointed. (17 years ago, 6-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?

(...) I think we've gone very far beyond the "vote for some of these stock models" point of the original post, but as long as we've gone there... <grin>... I would love to see an "assembly line" style Technic series (each kit does something on it's (...) (17 years ago, 6-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?

(...) For me the new bulldozer marks a return to some studded building, which in my opinion is welcomed. So far there have been some good suggestions. What about some process line plant, that would manipulate a object on a conveyer and maybe put it (...) (17 years ago, 6-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Power Functions presentation

"Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> wrote in message news:JpHqA1.FM@lugnet.com... (...) Excellent. You saved me the trouble of tearing my PF set apart when it arrives! -Rob www.brickmodder.net www.lifelites.com (17 years ago, 6-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Power Functions presentation

I have updated my website with a presentation of the new Power Functions system, including: # Overview of Power Functions range # Description of working # Comparison with older 9V mini-motors # LDraw and LeoCAD part files (URL) motors comparison (...) (17 years ago, 6-Oct-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?

Well, I would buy all the sets in Polls 2, 3, & 4. But want I REALLY want to see from Technic is a return to the original Technic BRICK construction system - no more silly beams without studs Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 BAYLUG (17 years ago, 5-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?

(...) OK - voted for my favs! I chose construction vehicles with cranes and excavators having most favored status. I hope whatever the ultimate selections are, that more studded beams and less panels will be utilized ala the Technic Shuttle set: (2 (...) (17 years ago, 5-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Wonderful design tidbits PDF - anybody else impressed?

(...) Don't let Brian's and Philo's understatements lead you to believe that this book, a collection of hundreds of ultra-high quality photos arranged in a stunningly simple succession of nearly uniform page layouts, is anything but the finest (...) (17 years ago, 5-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Wonderful design tidbits PDF - anybody else impressed?

(...) I am impressed. This "book" is simply delightful. Many useful tips, wonderful presentation... Highly recommanded! Philo (17 years ago, 5-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?

(...) I don't agree with you: 1) This is not what I call a "great looking model". 2) It is not in the price range of 4 x €50 (I'm talking about a bigger model than for example 8275 or 8421!!) 3) This model doesn't require any special elements at (...) (17 years ago, 5-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic)

  looking for instructions to this technic combo set

(URL) am looking for a set of scanned instructions for that set, if they exist. Cant find them on PICSL but I SWEAR they used to be on Brickshelf once upon a time. Anyone got a copy? (17 years ago, 5-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?

(...) Been done before, see: (URL) was released in 1991 and used parts from 8024 universal set, 8815 speedway bandit and 8820 mountain rambler (17 years ago, 5-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?

(...) I think helicopters are a great idea. How about a Sikorsky Skycrane? You get the rotor actions, plus you could include multiple 'payloads' with winching action and that could serve as their own models. In fact, look at this incredible picture: (...) (17 years ago, 5-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?

(...) Hi Kelly, As a regular buyer of Lego (Technic is my favourite) the three things I consider when looking at a new set (not in any order): 1. Functionality. What does this model do? 2. Useful pieces/colors. What else could I make? 3. Design. (...) (17 years ago, 5-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?

(...) I'll give LEGO a real challenge: Do you remember the model in technic ideas book 8889 pages 38-41? That model was build with parts from sets 8848, 8859 and 8860. What if LEGO comes up with a few models (3 or 4) for example in price range €50, (...) (17 years ago, 5-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?

(...) I agree with Tom, I grok how a Babbage Engine might be a hard sell;(1) but I am sure there are a few million things other than something with four wheels, that has play value. lego spriograph type toy lego etch-a-sketch lego GBC (URL) about a (...) (17 years ago, 5-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?

I'd like to see a starfighter with Technic fig, farm tractors with technic fig, and machine shop tools (drill presses, lathes, vise, press, etc. to technic fig scale. Maybe each machine as a small set separately to build up your own size machine (...) (17 years ago, 5-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: What would YOU like to see from TECHNIC?

I'm not a huge fan of technic sets. My neighbor is =) I have my share of robotics and I've bought a few technic sets. I've recently been buying all the old RC sets, 5 or so years ago I bought some RC technic cars from radioshack and they were tons (...) (17 years ago, 5-Oct-07, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact