 Technic / *17806 (-20)
  Pneumatic cylinder/pump

Hi all. For all those who, like me, have many pneumatic cylinders, but only a limited supply of pumps, I believe I have come up with a way to get a source of air pressure, using a cylinder and two switches. I've knocked a quick circuit diagram up in (...) (18 years ago, 3-Nov-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Wheel loader JCB456

(...) Hey guy thanks for your comments so far. They are much appreciated! I forget to mention that the loader's grab is self levelling. Having just got back into technic about a year ago, I am now starting to see the benefits of many of the newer (...) (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Wheel loader JCB456

(...) Phatalicious! It looks like you covered all the necessary bases as far as functions and it looks very efficient. That should go on the Lugnet sidebar. Jon Fors forest tractor/excavator has a buddy now. (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Wheel loader JCB456

"Mervyn Tomb" <mtomb@tesco.net> wrote in message news:J7z7I7.LL6@lugnet.com... (...) I cannot stop checking this out. What a beautiful and well thought out machine. It is so impressive to see so much functional pneumatics packed into a small space, (...) (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Wheel loader JCB456

Hey folks, just letting you know that I have finished my latest and greatest MOC. It is a wheeled loader, based on a JCB 456 machine. Scaled to powerpuller wheels. Photos of it can be found at (URL) Features are as follows: Pneumatic control from (...) (18 years ago, 31-Oct-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Dirt Crusher (8369) vs Outdoor Challenger (8675)

Hello, These cars are technically the same. In the open you should have a range of about 20 to 25 meters, with no interference... Greetings Maico Arts Keary Phillips schreef: (...) (18 years ago, 27-Oct-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Dirt Crusher (8369) vs Outdoor Challenger (8675)

I've heard the (URL) Dirt Crusher> (8369) has a somewhat poor RC transmission range of about 10-15 meters. Does anyone know if the (URL) Outdoor Challenger> (8675) is any better? Besides the color of the parts and the wheel treads, these two sets (...) (18 years ago, 26-Oct-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Lego Toast Drawing device.

(...) I wonder if you can burn an image of the virgin mary on it :-) Can fetch some big bucks on ebay.... Ram (18 years ago, 25-Oct-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Lego Toast Drawing device.

Found this: (URL) the "Phase 3 message Toast" for a video. It is a computer controlled (custom interface) Lego platform that can burn a message into a piece of bread using a soldering gun mounted above it.. cute :) -Rob A> (18 years ago, 25-Oct-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: United Air Lines DC-3 with working props and landing gear

(...) Thanks. That's what I was striving for. (...) Luckily the gear on a DC-3 is a simple design in real life so I could model it fairly easily. Currently it's on display in my office at Oracle HQ if ya wanna see it... (...) Hmm, yeah I guess (...) (18 years ago, 19-Oct-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: United Air Lines DC-3 with working props and landing gear

In lugnet.technic, William R. Ward wrote: SNIP Great MOC, William! I'm always impressed when art and function come together in an animated and impressive build. I really like the working ailerons and, of course, the landing gear mechanism. Good tail (...) (18 years ago, 18-Oct-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: United Air Lines DC-3 with working props and landing gear

(...) Well it helps that it's one of the most recognizable planes ever made... (18 years ago, 18-Oct-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: United Air Lines DC-3 with working props and landing gear

(...) Thanks! It was definitely one of the most difficult projects I've done. (18 years ago, 18-Oct-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: United Air Lines DC-3 with working props and landing gear

(...) Thank you! (18 years ago, 18-Oct-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: United Air Lines DC-3 with working props and landing gear

(...) Originally I was going to go 6-wide, but went to 8-wide when I decided to add the mechanisms. (...) It's the same design as my previous big plane, the PB4Y-2: (URL) Really great built. Thanks!! (18 years ago, 18-Oct-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: United Air Lines DC-3 with working props and landing gear

(...) Yes, that's the one. I hadn't seen those sets. I was too lazy to look on Peeron :-) (18 years ago, 17-Oct-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic, Gear Timing Wheel 8 Tooth

(...) Following on from the use of the 8-tooth timing wheel in the 8479 bar code truck, which varied the rev sound, I used a 4-lobe Technic Knob Wheel (URL) with a touch sensor connected to a bar code unit to produce a 'chuff' sound for a large (...) (18 years ago, 16-Oct-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Technic, Gear Timing Wheel 8 Tooth

Thank you for that information. I took a look through several pictures of a 8479 Barcode Multi-Set, I wanted to see how the Timing Wheel was used. While doing so I came up with the idea of using a Touch Sensor with the Timing Wheel. This works so (...) (18 years ago, 16-Oct-06, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic, Gear Timing Wheel 8 Tooth

(...) It was introduced in 1997 in (URL) 8479 Barcode Multi-Set>, which you programmed with barcodes. It wasn't used again until 2003. (URL) In the (URL) LEGO Education Team Challenge set> it is used with a light sensor to create a rotation sensor. (18 years ago, 16-Oct-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: United Air Lines DC-3 with working props and landing gear

(...) William, Wow, this is awesome. It's hard to capture a streamlined shape in Lego, but you've captured a DC-3, I didn't even need the name to recognize it. Thanks, George (18 years ago, 16-Oct-06, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact