 Technic / *17356 (-10)
  Mr. Jeeves

A reproduction of Mr. Krinkle, built as a Sale Model, introducing: (URL) Mr. Jeeves> All gray quadra-ped - Built in 4 days For Sale - Asking 600 USD Measures 34 inches long 16 inches tall Biomechanical Brick Kit Built in honor of my adopted Cat. (...) (19 years ago, 19-Dec-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX)

  Re: New supercar.

"Billy Bauman" <gimmin_oskalay@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Irp8L4.5Is@lugnet.com... (...) Beautifully engineered and the work of a true artist. Great presentation for a fine model.Thanks for sharing your talent. Bob (19 years ago, 18-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New supercar.

(...) Alright, I finished the rendering and file uploading. Took me longer than I thought it would. Here it is (URL) Tell me what you think. Billy. (19 years ago, 18-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mechanical obstacle avoider

Thanks Ignacio and Philo for the nice comments! I hadn't seen "Rock Stupid Rover" - very interesting. The idea of "mechanical computing" is fascinating. Some kind of signal amplification using a power source seems essential if one is to make complex (...) (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Vehicle with square wheels

Here is my attempt (not as elegant as Philo's!) I used old half bushes in a slightly different way. Gear lash seems pretty low. The gear train for the rotating weight needs some work though... (URL) Alexander (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Vehicle with square wheels

(...) I built one similar to yours last night (I put gears on both sides as an experiment). You're correct that it's the gear backlash that causes the wheels to not quite turn at the same time. Pushing the wheels down manually with your finger is a (...) (19 years ago, 14-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: My first mini-quad

(...) Sure! (...) Yes, the right legs both do the same thing at the same time, as do the left legs. I'll have to work on a movie. (...) Thanks! (...) Kev (19 years ago, 14-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 3 segments hexapod

Hi Sigurd, Thanks for your response. (...) What I mean was to use one of the peer-to-peer filesharing networks to share the file, and save yourself the bandwidth of distributing it. Something like eDonkey, which you can simply put a link on a page (...) (19 years ago, 14-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mechanical obstacle avoider

You are awesome. I had read about this in some lego paper about gearboxes, specifically shiftable ones. It said the problem was keeping the car in reverse for a while instead of jittering back and forth. Now I -really- want to get into the (...) (19 years ago, 13-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: My first mini-quad

Hi Kevin, (...) oke now it's my turn again i guess?...:p (...) you get a movie for me?? (...) nice!! (...) Sigurd (19 years ago, 13-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact