 Technic / *17341 (-20)
  Re: Mechanical obstacle avoider

Interesting little device, reminds me this one: (URL) in terms of mechanical IQ, yours is far ahead... (...) Probably indeed ;o) Philo (19 years ago, 13-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 3 segments hexapod

(...) I've sent you a e-mail whit a video, should explane a lot:), if anyone else whants to see it just mail at sigurd18@hotmail.com or let me no at lugnet.com/technic (...) thanks (...) on it is'nt, it dont work the way i plant, the leg swap (large (...) (19 years ago, 13-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Mechanical obstacle avoider

Everyone makes a Mindstorms robot that drives forward until it hits an obstacle, then reverses and turns for a short distance before resuming its forward motion. Here is a robot that does the same by 100% mechanical methods. It has only one motor, (...) (19 years ago, 13-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Anyone seen Leo Dorst?

He used to have a site with some great freehand drawings at (URL) but it's currently timing out for me. Does anyone know if the site has moved elsewhere, or how I can contact Leo? Thanks ROSCO (19 years ago, 13-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.people)

  Re: 3 segments hexapod

Hey that is amazing! I'm trying to imagine it moving and working. I need help! Very nice symetry you have with the central body and the pistons at angles. Wow. What a technical triumph. Excellent work. Video? e (19 years ago, 12-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  3 segments hexapod

oke another hexapod, this one is made whit inspirations of Kevin L. Clague (e-mails) it uses the schema from his inchworm for leg lift and drop, and the leg swap is just slave of the lift and drop pistons. the front and the rear legs uses elbow (...) (19 years ago, 12-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Vehicle with square wheels

(...) I think the veer left comes from gear backlash. Front and rear wheels are not maintained strictly 22.5° apart and the way it works, this introduces left/right dissymetry. My first attempt used 3 z24 gears with less backlash but of couse I (...) (19 years ago, 12-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Vehicle with square wheels

(...) Fantastic work. I hadn't even started my attempt. I like your using the battery box as the weight -- it's very simple and compact. I noticed from the video that it tends to veer left. Are the wheels losing traction when they're fully flat? (19 years ago, 12-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Vehicle with square wheels

Sorry, bad link. (URL) Video clip> (600k, DivX 5 AVI file). Philo (19 years ago, 9-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Vehicle with square wheels

(...) (snip) (...) I finally got it to work... (click for bigger images) (3 URLs) ...and a short <sw1.avi video clip> (600k, DivX 5 AVI file). Enjoy ! Philo (19 years ago, 9-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: does it really fly ???

That seriously rules. What has been used to skin the wings there though? I might have to pilfer this design, and to make it better, combine it with this: (URL) - A Supercap used as a 9v rechargeable battery. -- Danny Staple MBCS OrionRobots (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Mech Bay 09 - The Cub Den

(URL) Mysterious Mech Bay 09> Storage (URL) for the Cub (URL) it now>> (2 URLs) Bay 09>> 75 Bricks tall Features trans clear 48x48 base plate light box construction 12 inch Florescent tube Internal Cooling System - Via TECHNIC motor and rotor blades (...) (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX) !

  does it really fly ???

i've just found it on brickshelf does it really fly (URL) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ideas for Lego Chipper?

"Nathan Bell" <Radarbell@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ir5307.1FDr@lugnet.com... (...) If I can "Machine" toast, I am sure you could run a properly prepared bread stick through a Lego Chipper. Maybe pretzels? This sounds like a fun project. (...) (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ideas for Lego Chipper?

(...) LOL!!! Don't worry about it. (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ideas for Lego Chipper?

(...) Sorry if I got carried away with the gory details in that last message. (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Ideas for Lego Chipper?

As soon as my current projects are done, or maybe even sooner than that I wanted to design a Lego Chipper as a final project for a while. The problem is that Legos can't cut wood. I have thought about using store-bought razor blades for the cutting (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  NQJ or Brick-it-Forward - So close I can feel it !!

The 4483 AT AT was a nice set, but it was bound to happen. It was destiny. When Mike sent me an email trade offer, I could not believe my eyes. I had no idea it would happen so soon, so quick. The Force may be strong, but I could not say no to; An (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Vehicle with square wheels

(...) Slashdot had a link to an article about that vehicle, too, but it requires a specially-shaped surface to work. The one with the rotating weight works on a flat surface. (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Vehicle with square wheels

(...) Right, Steve - keeping the wheels in sync may be the problem. You're onto something with the split in the chassis, though, and I thought of a three-wheeled version, where the front single wheel can pivot, like on a tricycle. I found this (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact