 Technic / *17301 (-100)
  Re: Adaptor(s)

(...) No, I understand that - for instance, AFOL's have had compass, IR, Ultrasound, differential light and IR sensors, etc., for quite some time now. Including the rectifier etc. hasn't seemed to be very much of a problem, in terms of size or cost, (...) (19 years ago, 26-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Adaptor(s)

I think what you missed was the possibility to attach more advanced and interesting sensors. The sensors are a basic start- but there are better ones, there are compass sensors, improved non-contact rotation sensors (read as opto-interruptor based (...) (19 years ago, 25-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Adaptor(s)

(...) I have a mini-tripod that I take backpacking (about $9 US) that has three folding 4" long legs and a double ball-socket head (tripod to ball-socket, ball-socket to 2nd ball-socket via a short 1" long connector, with the pin- &-screw mounting (...) (19 years ago, 25-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Adaptor(s)

(...) I'm not sure I understand - what would that gain you? Since the standard LEGO sensors have that circuitry built in, and if you put it in a seperate unit all you're doing is moving the circuitry from the sensor itself to a second enclosure. (...) (19 years ago, 25-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Adaptor(s)

(...) I built an adapter for my digital pocket camera using a 6x8 plate with 2x2 tiles glued to it. I drilled a 1/4 inch hole at the right place and put a screw up through it an into the mounting hole of the camera. The plate can get stuck on (...) (19 years ago, 25-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Adaptor(s)

I would love a way to mount other mCUs, as the 3 RCXs, and batteries to support them to get some of the same functionality can be very heavy and bulky. I agree with a standard electrical connector - I actually had an idea for a more advanced Lego (...) (19 years ago, 25-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Active pneumatic suspension

Hi all, It's probably not impressive with the 7-foot-high-man-eati...go-walkers I've seen here :P but here's an active pneumatic suspension I thought up. It's suposed to be activated manually, and after a while (thanks to the "pneumatic parlor (...) (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Road Grader/Thanks...

(...) My personal preference is horizontal mounting like the 8436. That might look good mounted above the blade running front to back? (...) It appears that the two front cylinders work as an opposed pair ? if this is correct, you may only need to (...) (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New project: minifig scale walking dragline

(...) I don't envy you, building a walking drag line mechanism. All that weight on two linkages and their bearing surfaces. Good luck anyway. I'm sure a lot of .Technic readers have though of building a large dragline. Steve (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Adaptor(s)

If you could have an adaptor to connect A non-Lego item to Lego what would you have? At the moment I'd like a device that connects Lego wires to standard electrical wire. Something like an electric brick with one of those connectors you get on cheap (...) (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  New project: minifig scale walking dragline

Hi, This is my next large model: I won't be surprised if it takes a year to complete it... So far I've come up with a design for a 64 stud diameter slew ring (using monorail track) and a design for the feet. You can find some pictures in this (...) (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Need I.D. Help from Technic Experts

I did see the picture, and I can confirm that Bob is spot on there. (...) -- Danny Staple MBCS OrionRobots (URL) contact details available through website) (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Road Grader/Thanks...

(...) Hi Nathan, It got chilly today here in Minnesota too. If you were to mount the small pistons horizontally, you could bring the hoses straight up. Otherwise I'd try to pull the hoses back towards the center between the two ports of the piston, (...) (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Road Grader/Thanks...

Thank you to all who have taken the time to answer my pneumatic questions. Lugnet is a great place to find answers! The pneumatics for this road grader are not hooked up yet since there are 2 major questions left unanswered. The first one is (...) (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Moc: Truck MAN 26.422 DFAK

(...) WOW! All-wheel drive in a small scale- and motorized too! Letting the rim stick out from the outside of the front tires was a great way to move the pivoting point of the steering closer to the centerline of the tires. Routing the shafts for (...) (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: System to allow pressure and vacuum for piston at the same time

(...) Yes. Even if you broke it due to clumsiness. Kev (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: System to allow pressure and vacuum for piston at the same time

(...) Even though it was my own clumsiness that was at fault? (I sort of... fell on it, when it was part of a sailcar akin to Mario Ferrari's: (URL)) (...) I always like to start enormous threads ;-) I remember one that I started on .robotics in (...) (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mata Nui mast

(...) It could be a kindler, gentler General Grievous. (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  2006 Matoran

I just received the new Matoran sets. They are all acceptable except for Kazi, whose design is just not good. The fixed-gear portion of the Hordika arm makes an OK torso, but the legs are useless. In appearance, his legs are far too short and their (...) (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

"swissbagger" <swissbagger1@bluewin.ch> wrote in message news:IqF98z.81y@lugnet.com... (...) Beautiful work! Love that Excavator! Bob Fay (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: System to allow pressure and vacuum for piston at the same time

(...) ;^) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: System to allow pressure and vacuum for piston at the same time

(...) Tricky? Difficult? Here are a few to get you started: (URL) Enjoy! You bet! CSSoh ...where air and/or vacuum is power ;-) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Random Pneumatic idea/question

(...) I got it, (URL) The red dot is from pump, the blue dot is to the load, and the green dot is to the resivoir. I really got to figure out how to use my camera better. Billy. (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: System to allow pressure and vacuum for piston at the same time

(...) Andrew, If you call LEGO customer service, they may replace your broken piston. Well a pressure/vacuum engine will run only on pressure. The vacuum parts would be exhaust pressure to the atmosphere. I did all my testing simply using pressure, (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What the? Hydraulics

(...) FYI: The first LEGO pneumatics system had single ported pistons. Also the only difference between pump and piston was that the pump had return springs. Here is the 60mm version of the original pneumatic single ported system. (URL) bricklink (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Need I.D. Help from Technic Experts

can't see the picture but from your description is it this part: Electronic Technic Micromotor Pulley (...) Bob Kojima ko@fial.com Fial Incorporated Telecom Monitoring Solutions 4343 SW Corbett Ave Portland, OR 97239 503.227.7083 (URL) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Need I.D. Help from Technic Experts

Pray tell what exactly is the name of the Technic part at the bottom of the following *.jpg? A part number would be great as well. I am trying to add them to my Bricklink inventory. (URL) for the fuzzy shot. For size comparison, please note the (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: System to allow pressure and vacuum for piston at the same time

(...) I think I may, if I have enough switches. I only have the contents of one of the new studless backhoes, minus one piston because I broke off the bottom port and can't figure out a way to repair it. Oh, and I also have the pneumatics from the (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  New Moc: Truck MAN 26.422 DFAK

Hallo I finished now my second MOC: MAN Truck 26.422 DFAK The truck is fully powered by Lego-motors, with all wheel drive. For pictures und describtion please visit: (URL) modified also my first MOC: Walking excavator "Kaiser S2" (URL) Schuler (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic) !

  Re: What the? Hydraulics

(...) One question I have is related to the construction of the first generation of the Lego pneumatic system that had 2 ports for each piston (circa-1989). I had a piston from a 1989 pneumatic universal set in which I tried to put water in them to (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Random Pneumatic idea/question

(...) Looks like we did it again. I read this post, (URL) wanted to come up with a working pressure regulator. I came up with, you guessed it, a single switch piston and rubber bands. I snapped some photos, which will appear on Brickshelf soon, and (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Random Pneumatic idea/question

(...) I think that we can make a simple pressure regulator using a piston, a single switch, and rubber bands. The piston is mechanically linked to the switch. Rubber bands compress the piston. When the piston is most contracted, the switch is off. (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Random Pneumatic idea/question

In lugnet.technic, Billy Bauman wrote: <snip> (...) Hi Billy, As CSSoh points out, there are a few simple diagrams here on page 5 and 6 that might help clarify hydraulics for you. One thing we're missing is pressure regulation. (URL) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What the? Hydraulics

Vineet, if I have been following the threads properly- the breakthrough that may allow the use of hydraulics with Lego penumatic components is the set up which takes out the implicit forth port so you dont get squirting oil from your creations. It (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: System to allow pressure and vacuum for piston at the same time

(...) Thank you. (...) Well we must agree that the switch solution is a bit gangly. I'd like to work on a more compact solution before I bother with the engine. When simply run on compressed air, the sequencer cycled faster than I would have (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What the? Hydraulics

(...) Hydraulics and pneumatics are similar. Pneumatics uses air, which is a gas and can be compressed. Air pressure difference is what makes pneumatics work. Hydraulics uses fluids which compresses a little, but not much compared to gasses. Both (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: System to allow pressure and vacuum for piston at the same time

  What the? Hydraulics

Kevin Clague- How can a lego pneumatic do hydraulic work? If I'm not much mistaken, hydraulics and pneumatics use two diferent sources of power. (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Random Pneumatic idea/question

(...) Yes, I was wondering what method should be used to bleed them successfully. The clamp idea is a good one. My compressor is very basic. I don't have buggy motors. To build the pressure/vac engine all you would have to do, I assume, is split the (...) (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Random Pneumatic idea/question

(...) You will undoubtedly have to bleed the air out of the system when you put in your hydraulic fluid. Otherwise the system won't perform as well. (...) Kev (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Random Pneumatic idea/question

(...) Hi Billy, Well, my recollection of a composite five port switch was faulty. When I tried to create a two piston timing circuit (precursor to motor), it would leak because all four switches would be on, letting pressure directly through to (...) (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  System to allow pressure and vacuum for piston at the same time

Hi, Single LEGO pneumatic switches are not capable of controlling a pneumatic system that uses both pressure and vacuum to drive a given cylinder at the same time. A single switch does not let you capture the exhaust inherint when a piston contracts (...) (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: NQJ - wanna trade? -Followup

(...) Calum, The great thing about NQJ aka Brick It Forward is that there is no ending time set. Just to keep you in the loop, I was in deep discussion with several people yesterday who were offering me fantastic sets. I am not at liberty to name (...) (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Random Pneumatic idea/question

(...) Having now made a hydraulic pump, I figured it was time to go to the next step and make a compressor. (URL) This is the first working model. Again, the tank represents the load. I decided to use the pump motor as the switch mechanism for my (...) (19 years ago, 22-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) I don't understand this statement. (...) In this compressor/engine schematic I drew yesterday, vaccume is the exhaust for pressure, and pressure is the exhaust for vaccume inside the engine. The part of the compressor that creates vaccume (...) (19 years ago, 21-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Random Pneumatic idea/question

(...) To be honest, I never actually intended it to be used in an engine. And to be more truthful, I just buitl my first pneumatic engine a couple of days ago, so my knowledge on the subject is a bit, archaic. I wanted to create a closed circuit (...) (19 years ago, 21-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Random Pneumatic idea/question

I think most certainly a combined fluidics would be in order first. Im surprised there was not already a .pneumatics, as it would seem like an obvious group. Not that I have contributed, but I do follow the pneumatics thread with great interest. I (...) (19 years ago, 21-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Random Pneumatic idea/question

(...) Nice work. With the exhaust sealed off, I figure the piston will move up and down gradually and gracefully rather than the quick movement that we're used too, because of the cushioning effect. This would be fine for an application like a (...) (19 years ago, 21-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) No - exhaust! (...) You need to eventually discharge the compressed air (or vacuum) in a pneumatic system. Interestingly enough, this is the first time I heard of a pneumatic system using compressed air and vacuum at the same time. Usually (...) (19 years ago, 21-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Random Pneumatic idea/question

(...) Here we go. I finally got some pictures of my progress. (URL) The tank represents the load on the circuit. (URL) And this is with the ram for the load. I am very pleased to find that it works. (URL) Its interesting to me too. Rather odd that (...) (19 years ago, 21-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) Andrew, It is so interesting that you broached the topic of vaacume/pressure pressure at the same time as the hydraulic question. In many ways they are the same problem. Containment. With vaccume/pressure you need a switch with containable (...) (19 years ago, 21-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Random Pneumatic idea/question

(...) I would certainly think so. I'm very interested in this LEGO pneumatic for a hydraulic system idea. Billy. (19 years ago, 21-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Random Pneumatic idea/question

(...) That IS odd! And thank you for the reassurance. I have just completed attaching a load to the pump. Basically I just copied my pump and used it as my load. Using the pupm and alternating the valves and strokes, the load ram moved outward as (...) (19 years ago, 21-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Random Pneumatic idea/question

(...) That's the whole purpose! Methinks we'll be needing a lugnet.pneumatics and maybe a lugnet.hydraulics or a combined lugnet.fluidics, pretty soon. What say, fellas? CS (19 years ago, 21-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Random Pneumatic idea/question

(...) What makes you think you are a bother! I'm having fun! I beleive that the four switch/four T solution is what you need to create a hydraulic motor. The pressure+vaccume engine I posted earlier today could just as easily be a hydraulic motor, (...) (19 years ago, 21-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Random Pneumatic idea/question

(...) An interesting thing has happened. after asking about how one sets up the switches to access the fourth port, I decided to sit down and figure out how to do it myself. Initial progress was slow and I don't have any pictures of it, however, I (...) (19 years ago, 21-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) Been done here: ((URL) look like it's gonna be easy to modify. (...) Wish they would! BTW, I made a bummer in calling the hidden exhaust port the 'fourth port'. It should actually be port 3. In pneumatics nomenclature, the ports are designated (...) (19 years ago, 21-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) Great! Let's see how the engine runs. CSSoh (19 years ago, 21-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Iq9H1s.2Ao@lugnet.com... (...) Has anyone tried to open up the pneumatic switch (old and new ones) to see if there is a way this 4th port could be vented into a tube and thus (...) (19 years ago, 21-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) Hi Andrew, Here is a schematic for an engine that combines pressure and vaccume on both piston faces. (URL) uses the four port switch I described in this thread: (URL) The image shows a compressor and air tanks for having pressure and vaccume (...) (19 years ago, 20-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) I found this picture on my brickshelf account. It shows the lego geometry needed to implement the four port switch. The hoses are not right, but the switch positions and lever linkages are correct. (URL) (19 years ago, 20-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) I'm not at home, so I can't lookup the history on this in my LEGO notebooks. I think Doug Carlson invented this. I rederived it today, because I knew it wasn't too complicated. It involves four switches and four T's. The four switches form two (...) (19 years ago, 20-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) Hi Billy, A LEGO pneumatic switch has four ports. You are probably familiar with the obvious three: left, center and right. The fourth port is not obvious. When you've got pressure on one port of the piston, and you switch the switch so you (...) (19 years ago, 20-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Random Pneumatic idea/question

(...) Is it now? Hmmmmmm. How would one go about hooking these switches to access the fourth port? Is there a website that I can visit that would give a good explanation to this? With thanks, Billy. (19 years ago, 20-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) I know this sounds a little naive, but what is a release-free switch, and what would it be used for? Billy. (19 years ago, 20-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) Ahhh, I would love to see it done :-) CS (19 years ago, 20-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Random Pneumatic idea/question

(...) Yes, the fourth port is an issue. It is possible to hook multiple switches to give you access to the fourth port though. (...) Kevin (19 years ago, 20-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Other pneumatic questions.

(...) That makes sense. I guess that over a long circuit the air in the system would loose its... uh... effectiveness at accurately sending and recieving the information from the RAM device, (I guess thats how you would say it.) and that a purely (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Random Pneumatic idea/question

(...) Speaking of liquids, Is it possible to replace the air in the pneumatic system to make a hydraulic system. I mean by using something like, oh say, 10 WT silicone oil? (URL) I guess not since you can't complete the circuit because of the (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Random Pneumatic idea/question

(...) Hi Nathan, It is possible to make a sprayer using pneumatics. Imagine how a super soaker works. You have a water tank, and an air pressure tank. You pump up pressure in the air pressure tank. Once you release that pressure, the water is (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Other pneumatic questions.

(...) Billy, I'm pretty sure you could, but I doubt you'd want to use a piston per bit of memory. (...) Instead you might want to use a 1x10 technic brick, with long pins with friction in them. The idea being that you can slide the pins in the (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crazy building moment?

Hi Like Tommy Eriksson I have also decided to post a reply to this old thread. I am in the process of trying to make LEGO fly but unlike Tommy, I am going for a small light powered glider that is catapulted from a Technic "ballista-like" affair that (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Random Pneumatic idea/question

You guys are smart. I get lost reading your posts but can appreciate the genius displayed in them. Could pneumatics be used to pump a liquid? I mean, you know how air pressure is used in spray bottles/soap dispensors? The moving air goes over a gap (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Other pneumatic questions.

Hi all. I'm sorta new here so, I'm not real familiar with way the forums work. Anyhow, having seen the three position piston control by Kevin L. Clague, and other various pneumatic logic devices using Boolean logic and Boolean gates, I was (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) Just so. (...) No, it wouldn't walk backwards. To make it work, you'd only have to interchange the hoses at the switches. That's because a suction force acts in the opposite direction to the traditional compressed air. Your walker will then (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) Thanks, Kevin. Had to break-in as matters seem to be getting outta hand. It appears we're getting a new generation of pneumatic fans. Great! (...) No, you use them the same way. The pneumatic switch is basically a directional control valve. It (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) It is possible to combine multiple switches into a release-free switch, but they would probably be more load than a single switch used on dual ported piston. Kevin (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) I'm glad if I saved you some bucks. The fourth exhaust port is a necessity (for the cylinders to work) and a nuisance (being inaccessible). I first learned about it from Erik Brok's site. In real-life pneumatics, this port would be brought out (...) (19 years ago, 19-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

In lugnet.technic, Andrew Meyer wrote: "...if you set up a system in which one tank was pressure and one was vacuum, and applied both to a... 90d phase shift 2 cyl engine... so that when one side of a cylinder had pressure applied, the other would (...) (19 years ago, 18-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) Hi Dr. Soh, Nice to hear from you. I've never actually built with the original pneumatics, but my understanding is that the way to use switches in the old pneumatics is different than the way you use them with dual ported pistons. Don't you (...) (19 years ago, 18-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) Did you? Was it? Haha, I recall there was a long discussion on vacuum not a long time ago. CSSoh (19 years ago, 18-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) Sort of like a DPDT reversing switch arrangement? However, if you study how the LEGO pneumatic valve is built you know it's not going to work. Namely, it has a fourth exhaust port that's inaccessible. You'll have to plug up this port for your (...) (19 years ago, 18-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) The older style pumps didn't have a built in waist valve. (URL) If you connect an older pump to your compressor, then a hose from the pump to the centre port of the 2x4 "distribution block", (URL) one of the other ports (i can't remember which (...) (19 years ago, 18-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) Never mind. I just figured out the answer to my own question. It was an easy one. (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) Just out of curiosity, how would one go about creating a continuous vaccume? A temporary one can be created inside a piston by clogging one end, but how could one create a continuous vaccume? Would this need to be done in, say, an accumulator (...) (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Questions

(...) This is a good question. When using traditional pressure only, the force producde by the air pressure on the faces of the pistons is enough to flip a switch. Just yesterday someone asked me "If instead of using pressure, you used vaccume" (...) (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  That's annoying was Large Crawler/Track-Layer And New Shovel Project

(...) Your track design is extremely similar to one I've been working on Yours (URL) mine (URL) back view (URL) I wasn't going to publish mine till I'd finished the moc, but theirs no point waiting now. As you can see we've both used basically the (...) (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Pneumatic Questions

I am comtemplating the purchase of one of those one-way valves from the old pneumatic sets. I was wondering, if you set up a system in which one tank was pressure and one was vacuum, and applied both to a 2-cyl engine, would it turn with more power (...) (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Large Crawler/Track-Layer And New Shovel Project

(URL) Hello! All you crane and excavator builders out there should like this one - At the link below are pictures of a huge crawler I've been working on: (URL) Like most of my recent projects it does not use Lego brand motors for power, I'm using a (...) (19 years ago, 17-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Mata Nui mast

I drew this Mata Nui mask based on the original oval-stone look from 2001. The mask is drawn within a Golden rectangle & follows golden proportion. I just wanted to see if it would look good proportionally as Mata Nui is the 'great spirtit' of (...) (19 years ago, 16-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Re: Hwy Tractor Trailer

(...) Thanks Chris, this truck is probably my favorite as well. And I will post when the BIG trailer is complete.Take Care! Glen (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Hwy Tractor Trailer

Hey Glen, I must say, that’s one fine looking truck. It's by far my favorite in your BrickShelf folder. I'm looking forward to the trailer when it’s done so make sure you post again. Thanks for sharing, Chris. (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: MOC: Minifig-scale mobile crane

(...) announce the availability of a new boom option for our popular BRE-550M movile crane. Already used extensively with the many lattice boom options, we are now pleased to make available our 3-section telescopic boom with optional SSL. Now you (...) (19 years ago, 15-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Announcing: NQJ or Brick-it-Forward

Larry Pieniazek wrote: > In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno wrote: >> In the Spirit of Brick It Forward aka NQJ >> ((URL) I can offer for trade, a VERY rare, >> VERY well made, authentic JLUG train container. (as well as a few bonus >> items) (...) (19 years ago, 14-Nov-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic) !

  Re: My first truck mounted crane

(...) Ross Thanks for the compliments! I finally received the last of my bricklink orders, so I have proceeded in tearing apart the LG-1550, and am working on strengthing the outriggers. I hope to have the crane back together and some pictures (...) (19 years ago, 10-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr LR-1750 Completion Photos

(...) As far as the "grounded support" that you are referring to, on the real crane it is called the "suspended ballast" On the real LR-1750, the guys for it are attached to hydraulic cylinders which can raise and lower the ballast. Therefore it can (...) (19 years ago, 10-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: pneumatic 3 legged

(...) The Isle of Man is a small island off of Ireland. Here is a link for a brief overview of triskelion. It is a triple spiral, in Celtic culture representing the sun, the afterlife and reincarnation. (URL) (19 years ago, 8-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  "Optimus Prime" with Vahki parts

Everyone's favorite mid-'80s Autobot leader, rendered with Bionicle Vahki parts... (URL) ...courtesy of the $20 Bionicle Bucket found at TRU. It contained enough parts for all six Vahki, plus numerous Rahkshi feet and hunchbacks. Thank you, TLC. (...) (19 years ago, 8-Nov-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.org.us.delvalug, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: pneumatic 3 legged

(...) you to the Isle of Man. Maybe you could tell because of my rather direct form of communication. :^) (...) Kev (19 years ago, 7-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: pneumatic 3 legged

(...) thanks :) iff never seen this symbol, where stands it for?.... (...) to be honest i've never seen a tripod before and thoght it was a cool consept i was thinking about a other tripod how starts whit 3 legs at the ground standing in a triangle, (...) (19 years ago, 7-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact