 Technic / *17296 (-20)
  Re: Adaptor(s)

I would love a way to mount other mCUs, as the 3 RCXs, and batteries to support them to get some of the same functionality can be very heavy and bulky. I agree with a standard electrical connector - I actually had an idea for a more advanced Lego (...) (19 years ago, 25-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Active pneumatic suspension

Hi all, It's probably not impressive with the 7-foot-high-man-eati...go-walkers I've seen here :P but here's an active pneumatic suspension I thought up. It's suposed to be activated manually, and after a while (thanks to the "pneumatic parlor (...) (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Road Grader/Thanks...

(...) My personal preference is horizontal mounting like the 8436. That might look good mounted above the blade running front to back? (...) It appears that the two front cylinders work as an opposed pair ? if this is correct, you may only need to (...) (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New project: minifig scale walking dragline

(...) I don't envy you, building a walking drag line mechanism. All that weight on two linkages and their bearing surfaces. Good luck anyway. I'm sure a lot of .Technic readers have though of building a large dragline. Steve (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Adaptor(s)

If you could have an adaptor to connect A non-Lego item to Lego what would you have? At the moment I'd like a device that connects Lego wires to standard electrical wire. Something like an electric brick with one of those connectors you get on cheap (...) (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  New project: minifig scale walking dragline

Hi, This is my next large model: I won't be surprised if it takes a year to complete it... So far I've come up with a design for a 64 stud diameter slew ring (using monorail track) and a design for the feet. You can find some pictures in this (...) (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Need I.D. Help from Technic Experts

I did see the picture, and I can confirm that Bob is spot on there. (...) -- Danny Staple MBCS OrionRobots (URL) contact details available through website) (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Road Grader/Thanks...

(...) Hi Nathan, It got chilly today here in Minnesota too. If you were to mount the small pistons horizontally, you could bring the hoses straight up. Otherwise I'd try to pull the hoses back towards the center between the two ports of the piston, (...) (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Road Grader/Thanks...

Thank you to all who have taken the time to answer my pneumatic questions. Lugnet is a great place to find answers! The pneumatics for this road grader are not hooked up yet since there are 2 major questions left unanswered. The first one is (...) (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Moc: Truck MAN 26.422 DFAK

(...) WOW! All-wheel drive in a small scale- and motorized too! Letting the rim stick out from the outside of the front tires was a great way to move the pivoting point of the steering closer to the centerline of the tires. Routing the shafts for (...) (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: System to allow pressure and vacuum for piston at the same time

(...) Yes. Even if you broke it due to clumsiness. Kev (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: System to allow pressure and vacuum for piston at the same time

(...) Even though it was my own clumsiness that was at fault? (I sort of... fell on it, when it was part of a sailcar akin to Mario Ferrari's: (URL)) (...) I always like to start enormous threads ;-) I remember one that I started on .robotics in (...) (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mata Nui mast

(...) It could be a kindler, gentler General Grievous. (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  2006 Matoran

I just received the new Matoran sets. They are all acceptable except for Kazi, whose design is just not good. The fixed-gear portion of the Hordika arm makes an OK torso, but the legs are useless. In appearance, his legs are far too short and their (...) (19 years ago, 24-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

"swissbagger" <swissbagger1@bluewin.ch> wrote in message news:IqF98z.81y@lugnet.com... (...) Beautiful work! Love that Excavator! Bob Fay (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: System to allow pressure and vacuum for piston at the same time

(...) ;^) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: System to allow pressure and vacuum for piston at the same time

(...) Tricky? Difficult? Here are a few to get you started: (URL) Enjoy! You bet! CSSoh ...where air and/or vacuum is power ;-) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Random Pneumatic idea/question

(...) I got it, (URL) The red dot is from pump, the blue dot is to the load, and the green dot is to the resivoir. I really got to figure out how to use my camera better. Billy. (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: System to allow pressure and vacuum for piston at the same time

(...) Andrew, If you call LEGO customer service, they may replace your broken piston. Well a pressure/vacuum engine will run only on pressure. The vacuum parts would be exhaust pressure to the atmosphere. I did all my testing simply using pressure, (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: What the? Hydraulics

(...) FYI: The first LEGO pneumatics system had single ported pistons. Also the only difference between pump and piston was that the pump had return springs. Here is the 60mm version of the original pneumatic single ported system. (URL) bricklink (...) (19 years ago, 23-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact