 Technic / *17101 (-100)
  Re: Schematic for inchworm

(...) Thanks Kevin! I still have this one put together. just cant bring myself to take it apart. i almost have enough switches to build another one of your creations. Though i have been quiet, i have been following all your recent post. very nice (...) (19 years ago, 10-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Akira-inspired motorcycle

(...) Allow me to quote myself: (...) They come in hockey sets such as (URL) 3543>. If you live in Europe you're bound to find them on clearance anywhere, but your local walmart will propably have kicked them out ages ago. (19 years ago, 10-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Akira-inspired motorcycle

(...) In these sets (URL) through BL : (URL) (19 years ago, 10-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Akira-inspired motorcycle

(...) Which part is this and where do I get one? (19 years ago, 10-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Akira-inspired motorcycle

Thanks for the kind words. (...) I hope Lego doesn't let this part slip into oblivion. It's small, it's strong... and I'm sure there's millions of other uses for this gem. (19 years ago, 10-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Akira-inspired motorcycle

(...) Very innovative steering and rear suspension! x928 part is full of potential, as also shown in your F1 racer... (URL) Philo (19 years ago, 10-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 9V batery box (6 AA) - pressed too much

"Mark Bellis" <mark.bellis@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:InzIxI.192w@lugnet.com... (...) <snip> (...) I think that is indeed what is hapening. If you press down (say on the right side) the motor runs, but if you keep pressing harder, watch (...) (19 years ago, 10-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Schematic for inchworm

Hi, I've gotten into drawing schmeatics lately. I just finished a hairy one for a hexapod with three leg grouls (hex464). I decided to try something simpler so I drew up a schematic for my inchworm. I know Bob Kojima wanted to see this a few years (...) (19 years ago, 7-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 9V batery box (6 AA) - pressed too much

(...) Steve, your right, normally its not required to hold down the switch beyond what the original spec is. BUT in this case I would have thought a beam right on top would suffice. I was shocked to see the effect I noticed, and wanted to ask people (...) (19 years ago, 7-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 9V batery box (6 AA) - pressed too much

(...) I've never found in necessary to do more than let them hold themselves. If I'm worried about the switch being unpressed, I'll build something over the top, to make sure they won't get hit elsewhere. Steve (19 years ago, 7-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 9V batery box (6 AA) - pressed too much

(...) I wouldn't call it elegant, but it works. I used a pair of those egg shaped cams set at right angles on the same shaft, one over each battery box button. With both cams at 45 degs, neither button is pressed. With + and - 45 deg drive to the (...) (19 years ago, 7-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 9V batery box (6 AA) - pressed too much

(...) Thanks Mark. Could you expand on : "its not designed to be used that way" I actually discovered this when I tried to replace the red button with a dual set polarity switch for these robot games: (URL) simple idea was to use a beam along one (...) (19 years ago, 7-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 9V batery box (6 AA) - pressed too much

(...) The battery box switch is designed so that if you press on both sides at once, nothing will happen. The switch deliberately short circuits the motor output when neither side is pressed. If you have one side clicked 'on' and gently press the (...) (19 years ago, 7-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 9V batery box (6 AA) - pressed too much

(...) ...and looks like this one inside the 2838 motor: (URL) (19 years ago, 7-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 9V batery box (6 AA) - pressed too much

(...) The current limiter is a small disk located near the end of one of the top two batteries, and positioned vertically. Steve (19 years ago, 6-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 9V batery box (6 AA) - pressed too much

(...) no, this problem is more sinister, in my experiments, I only had one unloaded motor directly connected to the battery box. I do not feel using this simple set up, i overloaded the limiter. And to answer your first question YES, under normal (...) (19 years ago, 6-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Hex565 - one leg at at time pneumatic hexapod

(...) <snip> (...) How does it cope with uneven ground? It would be interesting to see a vid of it pulling itself over rough and bumpy terrain. (...) Ah - some kind of chicken walker. The thing that interests me most about pneumatic walkers is that (...) (19 years ago, 6-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 9V batery box (6 AA) - pressed too much

(...) Hi Chris, If you just leave the motor on without pressing the red button does it also stop? The battery boxes have a built in current limiter that will stop current flow if you are drawing too much power. Could that be the problem? Kev (19 years ago, 6-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Hex565 - one leg at at time pneumatic hexapod

(...) <snip> (...) I find it pleasing to watch also. It is very decisive about its stepping. When legs are moving individually, they do so realtively quickly, and then they all move at once, you see a definite lurch in body location. There is (...) (19 years ago, 6-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Technic question: how to connect 2 technic beams

(...) The offset cam will be too tight. I believe Zoltan Schuster and Dennis Bossman have the solution. Turn one beam upsidedown and leave the other right side up This will make the verticle distance between the holes exactly the 45 degree diagonal (...) (19 years ago, 6-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  9V batery box (6 AA) - pressed too much

At the last robot contest, I discovered that if I press down on either side of the battery box red switch, the power stops. It is hard to put into words. If you hook up a motor to this battery box: (URL) press the red button, the motor spins. if (...) (19 years ago, 6-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic question: how to connect 2 technic beams

(...) Thanks for your suggestions. I have a number of restrictions for this specific design... but have been wondering in general the best way. (So far I think Mark has the best suggestion using an offset cam). For this specific project I am (...) (19 years ago, 6-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Technic question: how to connect 2 technic beams

(...) Do the two beams need to be studded? Bracing two studless beams could be a lot easier, not as high either. If you can show us what you are trying to fit this into, I'm sure someone here will come up with the solution. :) Cheers, Chris. (19 years ago, 6-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Hex565 - one leg at at time pneumatic hexapod

(...) That is a joy to watch. Even if it is slower than some other gait, it is very interesting to watch. I have vaguely followed your pneumatic threads, watching the cool diagrams and devices, but I will admit you lost me a while back with this. (...) (19 years ago, 5-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Technic question: how to connect 2 technic beams

(...) How many studs of overlap can you have? Also, how much space can you have on the sides? A tacky way to solve the problem would be to run a string through the holes in a spiral type fasion and then tie the ends together. Hey; no one can say it (...) (19 years ago, 5-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Technic question: how to connect 2 technic beams

(...) You could try a cam with an offset of 1 hole sideways along the beams - the distance between the offset holes is about 1.5L (12mm). Use the hole in the middle of the large end of the cam as well as the hole at the small end. You probably need (...) (19 years ago, 5-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Technic question: how to connect 2 technic beams

(...) Thanks for the ideas... however I am constrained to a height of 2 beams. This height restriction is what is causing me grief as I can not space the beams or add above/below to use the liftarms. Jeff (19 years ago, 5-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Usage of hose 3mm diameter.

(...) I tried fitting a 3mm flexible hose into a normal hose, but without success! It might be possible but would take longer than fitting a 3mm rigid flex tube into a normal hose. The 3mm hose breaks easily if it is stretched over a 3mm flex tube - (...) (19 years ago, 5-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic question: how to connect 2 technic beams

(...) If you have no plates, put four bricks on top of each other between the beams and use a 7L liftarm rather than the 5L one pictured above. Mark (19 years ago, 5-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Usage of hose 3mm diameter.

I'm wondering if this hose can be safely used in pneumatic switching circuits or if it's thin inside diameter would restrict airflow somewhat. I've got an idea where I might be tight on space around the valves, so I wondered to myself if 3mm hose is (...) (19 years ago, 5-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic question: how to connect 2 technic beams

(...) put the two [LDrawPart 3703] one on top of the other. On the middle of the top one put one [LDrawPart 3700], on it one [LDrawPart 3023] and on it one [LDrawPart 3700]. The hole in the top [LDrawPart 3700] can now be braced to the bottom beam (...) (19 years ago, 5-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Technic question: how to connect 2 technic beams

Ok... I have a question that may just show my ignorance... but I'll ask anyways. I have a need to strongly connect two technic beams (one on top of each other). Simply attaching them on top of each other (with Lego studs) is not strong enough for my (...) (19 years ago, 5-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Hex565 - one leg at at time pneumatic hexapod

(...) Sorry about the headaches..... ;^) <snip> (...) I really like the legs. <snip> (...) Ah, yes, but the volume of a cylinder is the area of the face of the cylinder times the length of the cylinder. By halving the length, we cut the total volume (...) (19 years ago, 5-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hex565 - one leg at at time pneumatic hexapod

(...) I'll say! Now I also say, "I get it!" I had to stare and read pretty hard. I'll send you my advil bill. (lol) (...) Oooohhh Ya, I like that. (...) Amazing! Short vowels. (...) Still the volume of air is what counts, not the size or rather the (...) (19 years ago, 5-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hex565 - one leg at at time pneumatic hexapod

(...) <snip> (...) I doodled up the four legged version. It uses 2n+1 pistons, and 5n+1 switches. As I guessed, one less switch that then hex formulas. (...) If anyone wants to see this schematic, just let me know. Kev (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hex565 - one leg at at time pneumatic hexapod

(...) These days I buy my small pistons from Dacta. Last time I checked, they had a combo pack of small pump, small piston and three short hoses (black, grey and blue) for $10. I bought most of my small pistons that way (30). (...) Yes, the 31 (...) (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hex565 - one leg at at time pneumatic hexapod

(...) That's good - not many of us have that many small pistons! I wish TLG would bring them out in a set again. I remember when they used to be available as spare parts they cost as much as a large piston. 31 pistons and 32 switches is a similar (...) (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Video of Cable Shovel In Action

(...) Ah - now you have pointed it out I see it. I am not a Lego only evangelist, but there is scope for it to be replaced with some Pole Reverser switches and a Lego frame. I am wandering if an RCX could be used with it, to automate it for fun. I (...) (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Hex565 - one leg at at time pneumatic hexapod

Over the last few weeks, I've been working on a pneumatic hexapod that moves one leg at a time. I got it working this morning. It is pretty cool. It uses 7 large pistons (six for making the legs move forward/backward) and one for controling the (...) (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.robotics) !

  BIONICLE 3: Web Of Shadows Giveaway

Hey! GeekBrick.com is holding a giveaway for a free copy of Bionicle 3: Web of Shadows! You can enter as soon as you see this, but we will stop taking entries on Sunday, October 10th 2005, so hurry up! More details and information about this contest (...) (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Re: Road grader

"Bubba Brant" <bbrant@anchorsign.com> wrote in message news:InsL4L.1BMs@lugnet.com... (...) I've seen quite a few graders in my time, and they are an amazing piece of earthmoving machinery to watch in action. (...) This is particularly true when (...) (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Road Grader

(...) You are the first person to answer that question for me. Is 30 degrees of tilt enough? Thanks. Nathan (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Classic timing circuits and XOR gates (long)

(...) Yes. I've used it in walkers to switch from forward walking to reverse walking, and to switch from walking to turning and back. I move them by hand, rather than with pistons. With pistons, I consider them XOR gates. They work very well. Thanks (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) For a hexapod, I've revised the design and implemented it. The cost savings were not quite as high as I thought, but...... Pistons = 2n+1 (13) Switches = 5n+2 (32) I'll be posting pictures, movies, timing diagrams and schematics in a different (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Classic timing circuits and XOR gates (long)

(...) (SNIP) (...) Ah yes, like this (URL) you have any pictures of how you used the reversors? How successful have they been in your walkers? Mark (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New technique: Cascaded Trinary Pneumatics (aka mid-stop)

In lugnet.technic, Mark Bellis wrote: <snip> (...) Hmmmm..... this paragraqph mentions two pistons and three switches.... (...) I look forward to seeing them! (...) More ways are better! (...) Me too! (...) Kev (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Video of Cable Shovel In Action

(...) Re: control, I am using switches and a project box that I purchased at radioshack. Unfortunately this does not allow for proportional control of machine functions, it is bang-bang. You can see the tethered remote in the first two pictures in (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Liebherr LR-1750

(...) I get most of my parts from Bricklink. I order them in bulk from a few select sellers, so I can ususally get pretty good deals on most of them. I have even bought 1 x 16 beams in black and red for $0.50 a piece. You just have to be on the (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Road grader

(...) Nathan, I called my brother in law who owns a large utility company, which has about 4 of the Cat 14H Motor Graders, and he said that the front tires tilt for two reasons. The first is when you are going in forward, it gives you a better (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr LR-1750

Alvin, your pictures look good even though they are inside- however It will be nice to see the final ones. Where do order your parts from? Bricklink or Dacta? Is there a way to order those without using paypal? Nathan (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Road grader

Why do the front tires of Road graders tilt sideways? My guess is that 1)it might lower the blade, it won't lower that much 2) to be able to drive on a tilted surface. If the first is true, it would not lower the blade much unless they tilt more (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr LR-1750

(...) have a rather large quantity on hand. I actually have two other cranes that are still assembled along with the two visible in the pictures. One is a smaller model of a Manitowoc 888, which I keep on my desk at work: (URL) the other is a model (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr LR-1750

(...) WOW!!!! your cranes are always amazing. i can't wait for more detailed pictures and the weight test. most impressive! you must have a large inventory of parts to keep two huge cranes like that together. bob Bob Kojima Fial Incorporated Telecom (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  New technique: Cascaded Trinary Pneumatics (aka mid-stop)

(...) I have succeeded in directly cascading trinary pneumatic stages (where cylinders stop in the middle). This is a direct development of my mid-stop pneumatic JCB steering mechanism, which I first described here two years ago: (URL) (second (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: New technique: three position piston control

(...) I tried to make a sequencer using two mid-stop piston configurations, and it didn't work out on paper (at least the cases I tried.) Hmmm...... I think that with a walker, you probably need to add one more switch to instrument full (...) (19 years ago, 2-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Crazy building moment?

(...) this. But i'm gonna use conventinal rc parts for power (ie motor, prop, servos) and make the rest of the plane Lego. I don't know how "pure" this is and i don't care. All i want is to make a plane made of mostly Lego fly. I might be naive but (...) (19 years ago, 2-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New technique: three position piston control

(...) 6 legs and 3 leg groups is a great idea!! (...) I've think about overshooting the mid point and i don't know sure but i think it will overshoot the mid point whan you link them in serie isn't it?... and when you build it into a walking beast i (...) (19 years ago, 2-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Liebherr LR-1750

Well, I finally got around to posting some pictures of the early stages of my latest creation. It is a model of a Liebherr LR-1750 crawler crane to go along with my LR-11200. The pictures are still being "moderated" but here is the link; (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 1-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Video of Cable Shovel In Action

(...) Ah - understandable. I actually stocked up on them from bricklink, as I so often found them useful. I admit - I tend to agree with you on the noise making it "larger than life". Any chance of videos of the upgraded hoist then? One other thing (...) (19 years ago, 1-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Interview about my hobby on the Dutch TV

(...) One does not need to understand Dutch to enjoy this video. I watched the video 5 times back to back. Those trucks are huge! That Scania LS111 is the most beautiful Lego truck I have ever seen. The Menck M154 is Motorized, which I did not know (...) (19 years ago, 1-Oct-05, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: Alvin Brant, what is your email address?

(...) Nathan, check your inbox. If you have one from "bubba brant" then you have it now. Alvin. (19 years ago, 30-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New technique: three position piston control

In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote: (SNIP) (...) Sadly not, though I'll upload a lot more to my Brickshelf once my digital camera arrives. That will be better than circuits for explaining the positions of offset switches. I had also planned to (...) (19 years ago, 30-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Video of Cable Shovel In Action

(...) I probably could reduce bulk and noise by using worm gears, but at the time I built that part of the machine I only owned two worms and I needed them in other places. The 'crowd' has two motors and transmissions and I had already used one worm (...) (19 years ago, 30-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Video of Cable Shovel In Action

(...) Cool. Could you get less noise and a reduction in space using a worm gear? I seem to remember them being less efficient, but they would give good reduction, and should lower the noise considerably, although they may require placing motors (...) (19 years ago, 30-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Download Problems With Video of Cable Shovel In Action

(...) That might explain why I had no difficulty - I *always* download first, then watch something, I am just too careful and would not like my browser being crashed by slightly awkward content.. Danny -- (URL) - Build Robots (19 years ago, 30-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Video of Cable Shovel In Action

(...) Most of the noise is coming from the 'crowd', the part that pushes the bucket back and forth. It uses a bunch of 40, 24 and 8 tooth gears to do it's thing: (URL) And they make a ton of noise, the gears. The motors there do not have built-in (...) (19 years ago, 30-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Download Problems With Video of Cable Shovel In Action

(...) Hello, I'm not sure what was causing problems with viewing the movie for some of you.. It works a lot better for me if I download the movie, then view it. It did not work when I tried to view it in the browser window. Hope that helps, Ben (19 years ago, 30-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Interview about my hobby on the Dutch TV

In July I was interviewed about my hobby for a Dutch programme about transportation. It was broadcasted two weeks ago and they also put the video on their website. It is spoken in Dutch but there's no subtitling unfortunately. For those who are (...) (19 years ago, 30-Sep-05, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: Video of Cable Shovel In Action

If that's true I think some folder on brickshelf is missing about 35MB of file .... (19 years ago, 30-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Video of Cable Shovel In Action

(...) Works fine for me here too. It is impressive, but it is also one of the noisiest things I have seen in a while. One or two of those motors sound like they are a little stretched. Maybe it is encoded with a newer codec? -- (URL) - Build Robots (19 years ago, 30-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Video of Cable Shovel In Action

(...) Works fine with QT6.5. Maybe you got a download problem? (I first downloaded the 40Mb file before playing it). Ben, this is a very impressive constuction, with fast and smooth movements. Congratulations! Philo (19 years ago, 30-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Video of Cable Shovel In Action

(...) File corrupted here too Cristiano (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Video of Cable Shovel In Action

I don't know what you're using there for the quicktime player but it came out all corrupted and blotchy here, and caused an error in my quicktime player causing it to shut down. What version of quicktime are you using there? (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Supercar by Gimmin

Woh, this is compact! How could he fit independent rear suspension and a 4-speed tranny in there? (URL) (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Video of Cable Shovel In Action

Hello, Video of my Mining Shovel has been posted to brickshelf: (URL) Make sure to watch the whole thing, the machine takes two passes at the pile. -Ben (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Alvin Brant, what is your email address?

I think I might have asked for this email before, but do not have any record of it. (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Help please: I'm trying to get two outputs from one shaft

(...) Hi Tony, I'm glad I could help... I've added three more simple mechanisms to the webpage (actualy two pages now): (URL) are: - The walking worm gear one into two. This turned out to be very compact but not as reliable as the spur gear one (...) (19 years ago, 29-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New technique: three position piston control

(...) <snip> I used some axle joints to optimise cylinder position limiting in normal logic (...) Do you have a website where I can peruse your work? (...) (19 years ago, 28-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New technique: three position piston control

(...) No, I was so busy at work that I missed a couple of days online! I had a look at both, but a dual piston scheme works better for steering because of equalising the piston area and pushing at least 3 switches. In fact I have two cylinders in (...) (19 years ago, 28-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Help please: I'm trying to get two outputs from one shaft

(...) That looks a very nice simple solution to the problem, the simple solutions are usually the best! I will certainly be using it to give more function from the auxiliary output of the RC car unit. Tim (19 years ago, 28-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Help please: I'm trying to get two outputs from one shaft

(...) Followup... this works beautifully. I was a little worried at a few stages of construction when the 1x4 brick sometimes would rotate until it wasn't engaging either gear and then sit there with the 8t gears spinning freely- but in the full (...) (19 years ago, 28-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Help please: I'm trying to get two outputs from one shaft

(...) I will have to dig it out - but somewhere I have a fairly simple LDraw file showing that sliding worm gear device. I also made an interesting variation on this using Lego clutch gears which allowed 2 motors to give 2 outputs each, plus an (...) (19 years ago, 28-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New technique: three position piston control

(...) Mark, Did I miss your answer on this? Kev (...) (19 years ago, 28-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Help please: I'm trying to get two outputs from one shaft

(...) This is great stuff, and will probably work for my application. It's mechanically much simpler than a differential with rachets. Thanks!! (...) I think I can picture how that works: You have a 4-stud-long box with a shaft running lengthwise (...) (19 years ago, 27-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Help please: I'm trying to get two outputs from one shaft

(...) Hi Tony, Here is something I put together real fast during my lunch break: (URL) The movies are quite big (4MB a piece) but they show clearly how this thing works... Notice that it works in any position as the mechanism is balanced. An other (...) (19 years ago, 27-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Help please: I'm trying to get two outputs from one shaft

I have one shaft that will be turned by a motor in either direction. And I want to get two different outputs, based on which direction the motor is turning. When the Input shaft turns clockwise, Output 1 turns and Output 2 does not. When the Input (...) (19 years ago, 27-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New technique: three position piston control

WOW you did it again!!! you keep amazes me, cool consept whit a center stop, (...) i was thinking about a center stop myself to make my creations more smootly and extending the combinations of piston movement, but i'm to busy whit my education so i (...) (19 years ago, 27-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Cable Operated Shovel

(...) Hello Ross, About the bucket - that is the one thing I forgot to take pictures of. The bottom of the bucket does open and close. At the end of the boom that the bucket is mounted on, at the intersection of the grey and black pieces, there is a (...) (19 years ago, 26-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Cable Operated Shovel

(...) Hello Nathan, so I do want to spend a fortune on the tracks.. I just need to get my hands on one! Did you see the (incredible) "PARV": (URL) I would really like to build some tracks like that machine has, when I get a chance to save up some (...) (19 years ago, 26-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New technique: three position piston control

(...) Its all over my head. Thats all I can say. Maybe one of these days I can understand all that circuitry. Good job Kevin! (19 years ago, 26-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New technique: three position piston control

In lugnet.technic, Mark Bellis wrote: <snip> (...) Was this single or dual piston? (...) Kevin (19 years ago, 26-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New technique: three position piston control

(...) <snip> (...) The center stop is not the same spot when expanding vs. contracting. I did not try it at different pressures. I just pumped a hand pump as fast as I could to make the sequencer go. I've not seen it overshoot the mid point. (...) (...) (19 years ago, 25-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: New technique: three position piston control

In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote: (SNIP) (...) Interesting stuff! Should make walkers move more smoothly, with the possibility of more groups of legs. The trick will then be reversing all the groups, since it was easier with just two, using (...) (19 years ago, 25-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  New technique: three position piston control

Years ago when I first started playing with pneumatics, I first learned that I could control a piston using a switch. I then learned that you could mechanically link a piston and a switch, and have piston controll the switch. I learned from Eric (...) (19 years ago, 24-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce.moc) !

  Re: Cable Operated Shovel

Nice Ben! (19 years ago, 24-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  NWBrickCon, MECHA

Time is short, and now that I got your attention, you need to know that if you want your mecha a NWBrickCon, you should tell me. snowleopardNO@SPAMfo...ternet.net Tell me what your bringing, how much room ya'll need. And if you want to send stuff, (...) (19 years ago, 23-Sep-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics) !!

  WebCamBot

Though I don't have the Web setup yet, I have a fully operational webcam robot that will hopefully be internet-controllable in the near future (think, by the end of next year, maybe, if IB tests and extended essay don't get in the way!). The ruler (...) (19 years ago, 23-Sep-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Cable Operated Shovel

(...) Hi Ben, great shovel! I have a couple of questions though - I can't tell from the pics, does the bucket release door open? If so how? Also, have you found that using the high power motors puts more stress on any bricks, or causes more wear? (...) (19 years ago, 23-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Cable Operated Shovel

(...) 40 LBS! Dag that is a heavy one. It definately looks real. I have never seen tracks like that, but then again TLC does not make tracks that could hold that much weight without ripping apart, unless you wanted to spend a fortune. What (...) (19 years ago, 23-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Cable Operated Shovel

(URL) Hello! Check out my new pics of a large cable mining shovel: Link to gallery: (URL) (You might have to wait a little while for the brickshelf gallery to be moderated..) I have been experimenting with using non-lego motors to drive this thing (...) (19 years ago, 23-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX) !

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact