 Technic / *17066 (-20)
  Re: Hex565 - one leg at at time pneumatic hexapod

(...) These days I buy my small pistons from Dacta. Last time I checked, they had a combo pack of small pump, small piston and three short hoses (black, grey and blue) for $10. I bought most of my small pistons that way (30). (...) Yes, the 31 (...) (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Hex565 - one leg at at time pneumatic hexapod

(...) That's good - not many of us have that many small pistons! I wish TLG would bring them out in a set again. I remember when they used to be available as spare parts they cost as much as a large piston. 31 pistons and 32 switches is a similar (...) (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Video of Cable Shovel In Action

(...) Ah - now you have pointed it out I see it. I am not a Lego only evangelist, but there is scope for it to be replaced with some Pole Reverser switches and a Lego frame. I am wandering if an RCX could be used with it, to automate it for fun. I (...) (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Hex565 - one leg at at time pneumatic hexapod

Over the last few weeks, I've been working on a pneumatic hexapod that moves one leg at a time. I got it working this morning. It is pretty cool. It uses 7 large pistons (six for making the legs move forward/backward) and one for controling the (...) (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.robotics) !

  BIONICLE 3: Web Of Shadows Giveaway

Hey! GeekBrick.com is holding a giveaway for a free copy of Bionicle 3: Web of Shadows! You can enter as soon as you see this, but we will stop taking entries on Sunday, October 10th 2005, so hurry up! More details and information about this contest (...) (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Re: Road grader

"Bubba Brant" <bbrant@anchorsign.com> wrote in message news:InsL4L.1BMs@lugnet.com... (...) I've seen quite a few graders in my time, and they are an amazing piece of earthmoving machinery to watch in action. (...) This is particularly true when (...) (19 years ago, 4-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Road Grader

(...) You are the first person to answer that question for me. Is 30 degrees of tilt enough? Thanks. Nathan (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Classic timing circuits and XOR gates (long)

(...) Yes. I've used it in walkers to switch from forward walking to reverse walking, and to switch from walking to turning and back. I move them by hand, rather than with pistons. With pistons, I consider them XOR gates. They work very well. Thanks (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) For a hexapod, I've revised the design and implemented it. The cost savings were not quite as high as I thought, but...... Pistons = 2n+1 (13) Switches = 5n+2 (32) I'll be posting pictures, movies, timing diagrams and schematics in a different (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Classic timing circuits and XOR gates (long)

(...) (SNIP) (...) Ah yes, like this (URL) you have any pictures of how you used the reversors? How successful have they been in your walkers? Mark (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New technique: Cascaded Trinary Pneumatics (aka mid-stop)

In lugnet.technic, Mark Bellis wrote: <snip> (...) Hmmmm..... this paragraqph mentions two pistons and three switches.... (...) I look forward to seeing them! (...) More ways are better! (...) Me too! (...) Kev (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Video of Cable Shovel In Action

(...) Re: control, I am using switches and a project box that I purchased at radioshack. Unfortunately this does not allow for proportional control of machine functions, it is bang-bang. You can see the tethered remote in the first two pictures in (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Liebherr LR-1750

(...) I get most of my parts from Bricklink. I order them in bulk from a few select sellers, so I can ususally get pretty good deals on most of them. I have even bought 1 x 16 beams in black and red for $0.50 a piece. You just have to be on the (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Road grader

(...) Nathan, I called my brother in law who owns a large utility company, which has about 4 of the Cat 14H Motor Graders, and he said that the front tires tilt for two reasons. The first is when you are going in forward, it gives you a better (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr LR-1750

Alvin, your pictures look good even though they are inside- however It will be nice to see the final ones. Where do order your parts from? Bricklink or Dacta? Is there a way to order those without using paypal? Nathan (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Road grader

Why do the front tires of Road graders tilt sideways? My guess is that 1)it might lower the blade, it won't lower that much 2) to be able to drive on a tilted surface. If the first is true, it would not lower the blade much unless they tilt more (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr LR-1750

(...) have a rather large quantity on hand. I actually have two other cranes that are still assembled along with the two visible in the pictures. One is a smaller model of a Manitowoc 888, which I keep on my desk at work: (URL) the other is a model (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr LR-1750

(...) WOW!!!! your cranes are always amazing. i can't wait for more detailed pictures and the weight test. most impressive! you must have a large inventory of parts to keep two huge cranes like that together. bob Bob Kojima Fial Incorporated Telecom (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic)

  New technique: Cascaded Trinary Pneumatics (aka mid-stop)

(...) I have succeeded in directly cascading trinary pneumatic stages (where cylinders stop in the middle). This is a direct development of my mid-stop pneumatic JCB steering mechanism, which I first described here two years ago: (URL) (second (...) (19 years ago, 3-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: New technique: three position piston control

(...) I tried to make a sequencer using two mid-stop piston configurations, and it didn't work out on paper (at least the cases I tried.) Hmmm...... I think that with a walker, you probably need to add one more switch to instrument full (...) (19 years ago, 2-Oct-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact