 Technic / *17001 (-100)
  NWBrickCon™ 2005 Technic Award Sneak Peek

NWBrickCon is almost here. This is just a last little push for anyone bringing Technic MOCs. If you are bringing anything in the Technic theme please email me and let me know what you are bringing and how much table space you will need. ... and now (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX) !!

  Re: The Better Tosser

"Jordan Bradford" <bradfj23REMOVE_THIS...uwosh.edu> wrote in message news:In300F.23FL@lugnet.com... (...) Have you tried constructing a shooter mechanism that uses something other than a tire? Tires sound like the obvious choice, but what about a (...) (19 years ago, 20-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The Better Tosser

(...) Between burning out two motors on a prototype and having the tire in my pirate ship become bald by the end of BrickFest, I think I'm done building GBC shooting mechanisms. But they're so much fun . . . I wonder if my prototype (which is still (...) (19 years ago, 19-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) Haha! Yes, I could never have too many trains, but a bigger house would be an advantage since I could run 16 8mm scale trains on a big enough layout. I have a long-term plan for a warehouse full as a museum :-) However, too much concentration (...) (19 years ago, 18-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The Better Tosser

(...) I'll send you some. If you can get a shooter to shoot inside the hailfire wheel, all you need is Darth vader's cape (the really big one) to catch the balls. Just drape it behind the wheel, and it stops the balls. I dropped it yesterday, and (...) (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) I was referring to "too many trains"! I believe any and all claims of too much LEGO to be false. Assuming your trains are all LEGO, then I beleive your "too many trains" to be false also! (...) This too. (...) Kev (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) An effect of too many trains? Perhaps a one track mind :-) Mark (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

In lugnet.technic, Mark Bellis wrote: <snip> (...) Is there such a thing?!?! :^) Kev (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) There's probably no limit to the number of designs, but only a few will have a situation where they are the best one. Different designs are better in different situations. Of the differential output designs that provide output hoses to both (...) (19 years ago, 17-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: GBC on Breakfast Television

(...) Quoi ? BrickFest Television ? ah non, mince, juste Breakfast. En tout cas jolie chemise, jolis modules GBB et très très très jolie animatrice ;-) A bientôt Jean-Marc Didier (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.loc.ca.ns, lugnet.technic)

  GBC on Breakfast Television

Hello to everyone & GBC addicts! I went To Breakfast Television on Tuesday, sept 13, to present the now VERY famous Great Ball Contraption (GBC). After the success in Brickfest, AND the smiles of KKK, I decided to introduce the GBC in Nova Scotia. (...) (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.loc.ca.ns, lugnet.technic)

  Re: The Better Tosser

(...) Wonderful! I can't wait to see the pictures (and, maybe this will get my butt moving on buildingh my own shooter module). One nice thing about shooters... that "input opposite the output" constraint ends up being not much of a constraint at (...) (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  The Better Tosser

For my next GBC Module (Find out more about the GBC at www.teamhassenplug.org) I have been wotking on a ball tosser. I have come up with a design that shoots into a Hailfire Droid wheel 'funnel' put five feet away. (pics coming soon) I am wondering (...) (19 years ago, 16-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Torsen Differential

(...) some traction with 1 wheel off the ground. A wheel only "locks" when it loses traction, when both wheels have traction it works like a standard differential. There is a small explanation here: (URL) I don't seem to be able to view that pic - (...) (19 years ago, 15-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Torsen Differential

What exactly is the advantage of a Torsen differential design? Does it eliminate slip, or is it just a more solid design? (URL) (19 years ago, 15-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) I've come up with three AND gate technologies so far. Also I've come up with three OR gate designs too (those are differential output, plus I have a single pressure OR too). I've only come up with one differential XOR and a single pressure (...) (19 years ago, 15-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) Not many efficient ones, but it very much depends on the type of logic, whether it's differential (a pressure hose and a leak hose to a cylinder) or single (a few switches daisy-chained for an "all legs up" condition) If anyone were to patent (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) How many different 'designs' could one come up with for an AND gate in LEGO pnuematics anyway? -Rob www.brickmodder.net (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) Hi Sigurd, Maybe I can do it with fewer pneumatic parts? Kev (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) I understand that leg 0 is moved up forward then down, leg 1 is moved up/forward/down, leg2 is moved up/forward/down, leg 3 is moved up/forward/down, and finally leg 0, leg 1, leg 2 and leg3 are moved back. I don't quite understand why you (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Scrapers

(...) Thanks Steve. Another thought- You know those long oval-shaped arms (one end bigger then the other) that connect the front half to the rear half? I bet there is a chain in there that drives the auger (or blades). Maybe it is the front engine (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) (SNIP) (...) This one has moved away from my usual differential logic. Each leg module has a flip-flop for the foot and hip, which does 3 out of 4 movements and waits for the fourth to be done all legs together. I see how single switch AND (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Scrapers

(...) I've never read anything to support this supposition. I've always thought scrapers mainly use mechanical transmissions. I know Caterpillar likes to put mechanical transmissions in things where other makers only use diesel-electric. I'm sure (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

"sigurd" <sigurd18@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:IMrs0L.18LJ@lugnet.com... (...) Didn't the Star Wars AT-ATs move one leg at a time? (Going by memory sometimes produces weird results) Rob www.brickmodder.net (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) hi, why do you wanne build a thing that lifts one leg a time?.... i did it but it dont have any advanges. it isn't much more stable. it isn't faster (my cat 343 was not to slow) but stil i don't see any inprovments. the only thing is that it (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) Hi Mark, Now I know what to build next..... a four legged walker that lifts one leg at a time. On paper it looks like I can get one made for 1+2n pistons and 2+4n switches. This assumes that legs mechanically lock when weight bearing. I don't (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

A while ago I saw an electric robot on TV that had 6 legs in 2 rows of 3 and moved one leg at a time forwards (lift, forward, down), then all back together. I thought this is an ideal application for Lego pneumatics. I don't still have it built, but (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Scrapers

Nate- Here's a site I found with info on scrapers. (URL) (Sorry I couldn't be of much help here) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Scrapers

(...) Is it possible they have a hydraulic drive controlled by only one engine? When the scraper bends down in the middle, it shortens the distance between the front and rear wheels, and visa- versa. That would mean that the axles would be turning (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Walking Excavator KAISER S2

(...) Play well, Jacob (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Walking Excavator KAISER S2

(...) (URL) ) I see you've used two cylinders together in several functions. How have you kept them straight whist avoiding strain on the nozzles? There's a new piece in the 8421 crane that does the job now. Mark (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Walking Excavator KAISER S2

Hallo My name is Beat, and I live in Switzerland. Forwards approx.. one year has I that Lego build rediscovered. My first MOC after the Dark ages is a walking excavator, "KAISER S2". Pictures can see you in my Brickshelf Gallery: (URL) realized the (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic) !

  Re: Scrapers

(...) needed in loose soils than in hard, compacted soils. I guess being such a big machine, it has a proper control system, such that power to each axle is controlled from each axle's engine with a combined traction control system. The cut-away (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Scrapers

(...) I forgot to thank Mark Bellis and John Fors for their info yesterday. Which engine drives the rotating blades? Is one engine for hydraulics and one for driving the wheels? Or is one engine for the rear half and one for the front? Which engine (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mana Cat

Congratulations Eric! Maybe this is the dawn of those outside of the hobby taking Lego seriously as a tool for creating sculptures and robots. I will admit being disappointed to see such a promising project left, but then I am still heartened to (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha)

  A brand new web page, with 7 creations to go with it!

Well, after 5 years and almost 2 million page views, I decided that brickfrenzy.com's late 1990's design had worn out its welcome. So I set out to design a new one. But since I am no good with PHP and CSS, I needed help. So with the assistance of a (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.publish, FTX) !!

  Re: Mana Cat

Thanks guys, I wanted to say, I have been avoiding LUGNET, but I'm glad I came here to read these two nice replies. There are others who only come out when there is something nasty to say. I also wanted to mention that I have been certified as an (...) (19 years ago, 11-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Scrapers

(...) Thank you all for the pics. The one Rosco sent was the type I was looking for. There are 2 types that I can see. One has a hollow tub in the middle and collects the dirt. The other is basically the same thing but with tread-mill-type blades in (...) (19 years ago, 11-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mana Cat

(...) I have to say, I'm fairly well baffled by what you were up to here, but it sure looked cool. Having been to Brickfest now, I have an appreciation for the importance of seeing MOCs in person, particularly mechs. Did you know the cockpit on (...) (19 years ago, 11-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: Scrapers

(...) I guess you can't really see the details in this pic: (URL) a pretty good photo here: (URL) some others probably too if you poke around that site. The tub is raised and lowered using the vertical cylinders just behind the front wheels. Larger (...) (19 years ago, 10-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Scrapers

(...) I have a book "How Things Work" ISBN 0-75254-078-5, that shows a scraper (the one that collects the earth rather than just pushing it to one side like a grader). A grader is quite simple, with the front pair of wheels on top of the ungraded (...) (19 years ago, 10-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Scrapers

(...) Are you looking for Graders or Scrapers? In any case... I tend to always first go to manufacturers sites, e.g., (URL) (19 years ago, 10-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Scrapers

Does anyone know where I can find some good pictures/diagrams on how scrapers work? (19 years ago, 10-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Skip loader by Maciej Szymanski

(...) Thanks Nathan, thanks Ross. I'm really glad you like my skip loader! The idea for this kind of steering has been with me for ever and I'm fairly sure it's a distant memory of the real thing, but I have absolutely no idea if it was used in any (...) (19 years ago, 9-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Skip loader by Maciej Szymanski

(...) think I've ever come across a real-life skip loader using that combination, has anyone else? ROSCO (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Skip loader by Maciej Szymanski

This is a very compact design. (URL) (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Space Tanker

(...) A-Ha! I couldn't figure this out until I realized that the axle is actually part 6587 - Technic Axle 3 with Stud. Now it makes sense! clever! -Rob A> (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Diagrams of Basic Pneumatics Parts and Circuits

(...) hi mark, nice to see you put so muts inset in promoting pneumatic, cant folow al the thinks you and kevin discussed becouse i need to go to school to and i have not mutch time left :( I rather had some more time to build en experiment whit (...) (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mana Cat

(...) I didn't think you could come into such problems while building. With your skills I thought every building related problem could be solved. Seems with the skills even the problems grow... What I saw up to now was nice to look at. It made me (...) (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: part color question?

(...) bob, Light Tuqoise is a fairly rare color. It was mostly used in Scala sets. Here's a sample of some of the parts in that color: (URL) Turqoise is much more common. It is the color in Rock Raiders sets and Cybermaster sets. Here's a list of (...) (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: part color question?

A part of the problem is that BrickLink calls the color "Dark Turquoise", however, another popular site, Peeron, calls the color "Teal". This color would be well-known to those familiar with the parts in the LEGO Technic Cybermaster 8482 set. (...) (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: part color question?

Peeron whows this liftarm (URL) comes in 21 different colours (URL). This liftarm (URL) comes in 14 different colours (URL) This liftarm (URL) comes in 15 different colours (URL) This liftarm (URL) comes in 14 different colours (URL) Accept Peeron (...) (19 years ago, 8-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New Diagrams of Basic Pneumatics Parts and Circuits

These are helpfull! Thanks. (...) (19 years ago, 7-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  part color question?

i have been collecting pieces to build a lego color stick out of technic piece 6632 and other variations. seems to be a piece that comes in many different colors. i have 23 different colors so far. you can see them here: (URL) just wondering if this (...) (19 years ago, 7-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.color)

  New Diagrams of Basic Pneumatics Parts and Circuits

I've just uploaded some new pneumatics diagrams, the sort that could guide people towards the complex systems we've been discussing in .technic: All were originally drawn in Visio. The circuits themselves are all ones used in official sets, the last (...) (19 years ago, 7-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Mana Cat

(...) Oh ya, I knew the feet sucked a long time ago, and they were wrong! With wrong lower limbs and feet, the Mana Cat still moved around in an interesting way. Thanks for the constructive feedback, I had to conclude the project with a overdue (...) (19 years ago, 7-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Mana Cat

(...) Sorry to hear it. It's always a little annoying when a creation doesn't work out. One thing you might want to look at for the next time is the proper anatomy of a cat, especially in the feet - your skeleton is missing a joint on each leg, and (...) (19 years ago, 7-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: Mana Cat

(...) Ideas and thoughts for tomorrow. (...) Like a funeral? (...) Or a good set and cool elements. (...) Thank you for your reply. btw, where have you been? So quiet lately. e (19 years ago, 7-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha)

  Re: Mana Cat

That's too bad E. I know how it is though. Many of projects sit on my bench, and I wonder if I'll ever work on them again. Usually they are dissassembled. I'll light a candle for Mana Cat. Mecha can be hard that way. WE get so far and then the (...) (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New 3-Input Multi-function Pneumatic Logic Gate

(...) Yes, for the moment, as a demo of how versatile the circuit can be. The idea is that you find your chosen function and put permanent hose swaps in the places where you no longer need to change polarity. Then just keep reversers in the places (...) (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Mana Cat

I'm not going to finish the Mana Cat. I rather build something else. It was interesting to test out the leg configuration with the Mana. They actually work really well. (URL) The gearing works well and is strong. The controlability is tricky and is (...) (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX)

  Re: New 3-Input Multi-function Pneumatic Logic Gate

(...) Yes, R1 and R4 are redundant as shown in the table notes :-) The idea was to start with A, B and C all being either differential inputs or switch positions. The use of a switch for A means that its input is buffered to the gate output, (...) (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New 3-Input Multi-function Pneumatic Logic Gate

(...) I am really getting the feeling that between you guys, you are really pushing pneumatic logic generally, not just in terms of Lego. Have you thought of taking some of your Lego logic designs, and miniaturising them into blocks? Even better is (...) (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New 3-Input Multi-function Pneumatic Logic Gate

(...) Mark, Aren't Reversor R1 and Reversor R4 redundant? R1 can reverse the A input, which drives a piston which controls a switch, who's output is reversed by R4. I see no reason for the piston and switch between R1 and R4, unless you are just (...) (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New 3-Input Multi-function Pneumatic Logic Gate

(...) Hi Mark, It sounds like the swiss army knives of pneumatic logic gates! Seriously though, it is going to take some serious study on my part to understand what all is going on here. Are you putting polarity reversors on all inputs and outputs? (...) (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  New 3-Input Multi-function Pneumatic Logic Gate

Here's my latest pneumatic logic gate with differential inputs and outputs. This one has 4-switch reversers to make it configurable for almost any combination of inputs. Replace the reversers with permanently swapped hoses when you have the function (...) (19 years ago, 6-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: I just saw this: re HiTechnic

(...) I am really glad to see this, but disappointed TLC has chosen not to produce any more electric plates. I would imagine they are plagued by similar production problems as train tracks, I really hope this doesn't bode badly for 9V trains... And (...) (19 years ago, 3-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  I just saw this: re HiTechnic

on some other LUG i saw this: "... some snipage I am happy to say that HiTechnic www.hitechnic.com is taking orders. Only three products for now as a lot of the previous goodies can no longer be made without supplies of 9v electric plates from TLG. (...) (19 years ago, 3-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics) !!

  Crane lovers delight!

I just found this on Brickshelf: (URL) it beautiful? I like the way he set up the outriggers, and the lattice structure (a bit reminiscent of Dennis Bosman's Liebherr LGD 1550). (19 years ago, 2-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: NWBrickCon™ 2005 Technic

Cross posting this for the Technic & Robotics crowds... see you at NWBrickCon! (...) Blah, blah blah blah, blah... Just putting in some new text so it will be accepted by the server - too much quoting to just have the orignal, even when that is all (...) (19 years ago, 1-Sep-05, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Brickfest Pneumatic Master and new Pneumatic Gate Circuits

In lugnet.technic, Mark Bellis wrote: [SNIP] (...) The design process here was very simple: Mark Tarrabain's wonderfully simple single switch AND gate does not produce differential pressure. What do I have to add to this gate to get the other phase (...) (19 years ago, 29-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Dual Hex small piston compressor (repost)

(...) Hi Geoffrey, It was neither kind of cut. It merely did a partial cut of the hose. THis is worse because it is not as evident. Kevin (19 years ago, 29-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ILI0oC.1DE4@lugnet.com... (...) Do you think you could develop the hose cutter accidentally built a bit more to make something that could automatically cut pneumatic tubing to length? (...) (19 years ago, 29-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Brickfest Pneumatic Master and new Pneumatic Gate Circuits

(...) [SNIP] (...) Yes, it is *very* bulky and fragile, but it is a computing solution applicable in some situations. (...) Very cool. I had not realized this addition to the 1+4 could be that flexible. Polarity reversors are so cool. When switched (...) (19 years ago, 28-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest Pneumatic Master and new Pneumatic Gate Circuits

(...) Yes, I can see how the 2-cylinder design is more cost-effective, particularly since a Backhoe has 10 cylinders and only 7 switches. That allows more cylinders to be used for AND and OR gates, saving the switches for XOR gates. I've done some (...) (19 years ago, 28-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest Pneumatic Master and new Pneumatic Gate Circuits

(...) Hi Larry, It was great to see you again at BrickFest. I appreciate your interest in my pneumatics creations. I've already had the pleasure of co-authoring with Dr. Soh, and would enjoy it again if it were to take place. I've tested the waters (...) (19 years ago, 28-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest Pneumatic Master and new Pneumatic Gate Circuits

(...) Hmmm... I think this could possibly be used on something like the 8421 crane, now that we have proper pieces to fix two cylinders together. Since cylinders are cheaper and more plentiful (especially in Backhoes) this makes sense for use on (...) (19 years ago, 27-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest Pneumatic Master and new Pneumatic Gate Circuits

(...) I don't quite understand what you're getting at, but I don't see how two switches back to back, offset from each other and switching the same signals would help. I can see some optimistation in my earlier diagram, removing one switch from A to (...) (19 years ago, 27-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest Pneumatic Master and new Pneumatic Gate Circuits

Mark, I have studied and understand your 3+3 AND gate. A few years ago I made a simpler version of the same thing. My design replaces your six switches with one switch and mechanical linkages. Here is a picture of this AND gate: (URL) In my 1 AND (...) (19 years ago, 25-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest Pneumatic Master and new Pneumatic Gate Circuits

(...) whan you use them in this way you better can use 1 switch becouse the air wil be free to the admosfer alround it whane the swich is compleetly swiched, isn't it?... a sugest to make a construction whare one switch is in the senter and the (...) (19 years ago, 25-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest Pneumatic Master and new Pneumatic Gate Circuits

I think this diagram should explain the differences: (URL) is the N-input differential output AND gate, developed from your sketch. I've used 2 switches for A, to gate the supply so that it doesn't leak. This gives 2+4++4 switches for an N-input (...) (19 years ago, 25-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Just saw this 8421 with a luffing jib

(...) extension motor (using a differential or something) so it spooled out as the boom extends ;) ROSCO (19 years ago, 25-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Just saw this 8421 with a luffing jib

I just saw this pic of a crane (8421) with a luffing jib. Here are the pics: (URL) (19 years ago, 24-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest Pneumatic Master and new Pneumatic Gate Circuits

(...) I mechanically link the two pistons together so they act as though they were one larger piston, also I mechanically link the four switches. This eliminates any issue with racing between the two pistons and their switches. Could you explain in (...) (19 years ago, 24-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Telehandler finally completed

(...) Thanks for the kind words Vineet! What I meant was; before the boom only elevated to about 35 degrees. The real ones go past 45 degrees. It was a good design that needed improvement. I think it is lighter now too. One good tip I got at (...) (19 years ago, 24-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest Pneumatic Master and new Pneumatic Gate Circuits

(...) I'm looking into alternative gate designs and I'd like to have a good library of them on my Brickshelf to then use as a resource for article pictures. This includes N-input gates of each type, as I intend to draw the module that can be (...) (19 years ago, 24-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: gears

(...) I don't know about stronger, but they're definitley smoother. There's less play between the newer gears. They're also wider, so there's more contact between the tooth and the gear perimeter. That may make them stronger. The only drawback is (...) (19 years ago, 24-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  gears

Does anyone know if the newer double bevel gears are stronger than the older lego technic gears? By stronger I mean won't break under pressure like the older ones. (19 years ago, 24-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: steering

(...) This I sort of figured out when I was trying to test the steering. Maybe when I strip it down, I 'll revamp the steering (but the thing is I want all the steering axles to steer). (19 years ago, 24-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest Pneumatic Master and new Pneumatic Gate Circuits

(...) Kevin, And after you write a few articles for Brickjournal it is my hope that you would complete them in a book on pneumatics (maybe along with CS?). I spoke with others at Brickfest and they said they would buy the book and I would probably (...) (19 years ago, 24-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: steering

(...) To make the steering work best, the external knob should turn the outermost sets of wheels, ie the ones nearest the front and back of the crane, with the most direct link possible, then gear it down towards the centre to steer the rest. TLC (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Liebherr LG 1750

(...) Hello all- I might have to put what I have done on hold for a while (I have to figure out how to incorporate pneumatics to push out the outriggers, as well as making the base for the turntable). In fact, I might have to strip the whole thing (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: steering

Thanks. But I figured out a way to set up my steering. I'll just be lazy and use the Lego Technic Crane idea of having the steering in the end of the vehicle. (I have found that it is difficult to control a 6+ axle steering by a knob on the top of (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: steering

(...) Never mind about this. I found a solution. (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Telehandler finally completed

You mean your earlier photos of the telehandler showed an incomplete vehicle? I find that hard to believe! LOL! (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: steering

Opssssss sorry the link is : (URL) sali" <fabio.sali@tin.it> ha scritto nel messaggio news:ILoxwp.rwt@lugnet.com... (...) way (...) it (...) from (...) continue (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: steering

Hi, me around 2 years ago I had started to build a DEMAG AC 500 and I they have succeeded in making to steer all the 7 couples of wheels in optimal way and with ACKERMANN, I attach you the link : (URL) Excuse for the bad quality of the photos (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest Pneumatic Master and new Pneumatic Gate Circuits

In lugnet.technic, Mark Bellis wrote: [SNIP] Hi Mark, (...) I figured that if you're going to write an article for BrickJournal on pneumatic basics up through sequencers, you would probably want to talk about the simplest gates, the single output (...) (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Darth Maul

(...) Hey, thanks for the comments! I hadn't before considered that, but I'll see if I have anything read lying around here... ;) Daniel (19 years ago, 23-Aug-05, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Re: Brickfest Pneumatic Master and new Pneumatic Gate Circuits

(...) [MUCH SNIPPAGE] Mark, I did this simple repost to remove the remainder of this conversation from events.brickfest. I'll go home and study your feedback, build models and test them, and provide a writeup. Kev (...) (19 years ago, 22-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact