 Technic / *16981 (-10)
  Re: Scrapers

(...) Thanks Steve. Another thought- You know those long oval-shaped arms (one end bigger then the other) that connect the front half to the rear half? I bet there is a chain in there that drives the auger (or blades). Maybe it is the front engine (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) (SNIP) (...) This one has moved away from my usual differential logic. Each leg module has a flip-flop for the foot and hip, which does 3 out of 4 movements and waits for the fourth to be done all legs together. I see how single switch AND (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Scrapers

(...) I've never read anything to support this supposition. I've always thought scrapers mainly use mechanical transmissions. I know Caterpillar likes to put mechanical transmissions in things where other makers only use diesel-electric. I'm sure (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

"sigurd" <sigurd18@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:IMrs0L.18LJ@lugnet.com... (...) Didn't the Star Wars AT-ATs move one leg at a time? (Going by memory sometimes produces weird results) Rob www.brickmodder.net (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) hi, why do you wanne build a thing that lifts one leg a time?.... i did it but it dont have any advanges. it isn't much more stable. it isn't faster (my cat 343 was not to slow) but stil i don't see any inprovments. the only thing is that it (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

(...) Hi Mark, Now I know what to build next..... a four legged walker that lifts one leg at a time. On paper it looks like I can get one made for 1+2n pistons and 2+4n switches. This assumes that legs mechanically lock when weight bearing. I don't (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Pneumatic "One Leg at a Time" Robot Circuit

A while ago I saw an electric robot on TV that had 6 legs in 2 rows of 3 and moved one leg at a time forwards (lift, forward, down), then all back together. I thought this is an ideal application for Lego pneumatics. I don't still have it built, but (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Scrapers

Nate- Here's a site I found with info on scrapers. (URL) (Sorry I couldn't be of much help here) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Scrapers

(...) Is it possible they have a hydraulic drive controlled by only one engine? When the scraper bends down in the middle, it shortens the distance between the front and rear wheels, and visa- versa. That would mean that the axles would be turning (...) (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Walking Excavator KAISER S2

(...) Play well, Jacob (19 years ago, 13-Sep-05, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact