 Technic / *16801 (-100)
  Re: Pneumatic logic diagrams

(...) Thanks for taking a look at clarity of drawings. I have made some improvements since I drew that one - I now use thinner lines for the straight bits to represent flex tube. This reduces the balloon effect in the model, so its use is desirable (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mercedes-Benz Actros 3353 S with Nooteboom ballast trailer, scale 1:13

Nice truck! The fact that the doors to the tractor can open is great! (If only your Liebherr LG 1550 had this op). How did you fix the trailer wheels to steer? Also, does this truck use ackerman steering? Thanks. The color scheme looks good for it (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: have a seat

(...) Now someone has to follow this up with a technic luxury-car, such as a Lincoln, Bentley, Cadillac, Rolls Royce, Mercedes or Porsche. Great job! It takes a good designer to fit all that in a small area. (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Classic timing circuits and XOR gates (long)

Hi People, I really appretiate the circuits Mark has put up, they are very instructive, and between you you guys are taking Lego pneumatics before I have seen it go before. But - in your diagrams, you do not label the components - which make them (...) (19 years ago, 9-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Classic timing circuits and XOR gates (long)

In lugnet.technic, Kevin L. Clague wrote: (SNIP) (...) (SNIP) (...) (SNIP) (...) (SNIP) (...) Can I suggest that in order to avoid leaks (very important in walking robots!) you use the full XOR gate from my diagram: (URL) single switch is the right (...) (19 years ago, 8-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Classic timing circuits and XOR gates (long)

hi kevin, looks good, only a few thinks are not cleare to my, are the XOR gates somware in the body whare the don't have any oder function?....... and do the legs just need to keep up whit the central timing system?..... or did the walker make sure (...) (19 years ago, 8-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Mercedes-Benz Actros 3353 S with Nooteboom ballast trailer, scale 1:13

I just added this model to my website, an (URL) Mercedes-Benz Actros with ballast trailer>. (URL) The tractor now has opening doors. I already broke off the trailer but there's something new behind the tractor. What it is? Just have some patience (...) (19 years ago, 8-Aug-05, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

  Set 8421 (technic crane) modified

Hi, Skip the rambling and go strait to the pictures: (URL). After building this new set (in about 5 hours), I noticed two things that could be improved: - The boom move up very quickly and came crashing down! My first fix was to install a restricted (...) (19 years ago, 7-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  gbc_waterfall

Hello, Here are pictures of a new gbc module called (URL) gbcwaterfall> And thanks to <philo@philohome.com Philo> 2 movies, (URL) waterfall>, & (URL) my three modules toghther> Thanks Chris (19 years ago, 7-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  have a seat

hi my never-ending story :) dl: (URL) (19 years ago, 6-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Classic timing circuits and XOR gates (long)

I've been making progress on SSClagorpion draft 1..... Inchworm ( (URL) ), Quad242 ( (URL) ) and Hes363 are precursors to SSC in many ways. On Inchworm I invented an asynchronous design technique for creating pneumatic circuits with complex (...) (19 years ago, 5-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: netiquette?

(...) Its obviously OK to reply to an individual post. I think it's also OK to ask a question directed to an individual in a public reply (like "I like that MOC, how did you do such and such?"). But it's bad netiquette to start a thread with a (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.people)

  Re: Best pneumatic hexapod yet!

(...) Hi Sigurd, According to Brickshelf: "Multimedia files are now available between 8pm and 10am EDT" so don't give up on it! ROSCO (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Best pneumatic hexapod yet!

(...) i've tried to make a movie public on brickshelf but unfortunately it don't work, if you want to see it in action just send my a e-mail (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Best pneumatic hexapod yet!

(...) finaly i figure out how to post here :) just got a mail says they are redy to accept my post's (...) check my brickshelf galery in the aa map..... hopes that helps (...) sigurd (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: off topic test

(...) just testing (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crane mathematics/netiquittte?

(...) Thanks Ross. Hopefully the outriggers will not give way. I used the diagonal outriggers to minimize the complexity of the crane mechanisms, but they may give way under the wieght. I hope it is as good as your designs! I just realized (...) (19 years ago, 2-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Crane mathematics

(...) Hi Nathan, looking good! I wish I could be at Brickfest to see it. WRT balance, the answer is that cranes are very rarely in total balance. That is why they need such strong accurately machined turntables - the turntable is generally taking (...) (19 years ago, 2-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSC (was Re: Best pneumatic hexapod yet!)

(...) Your walking stuff is always very popular, as it is. Don't worry, I'm not pushing for anything. I already have about five other projects that need to be completed in the next ELEVEN days... Steve (19 years ago, 1-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: SSC (was Re: Best pneumatic hexapod yet!)

(...) Given that I have not designed the feet yet, I don't know. (...) I have not finished the feet, but I was planning on providing an ankle that rotates about the Y axis, so that foot rotation is limited. A certain amount of sliding is expected. (...) (19 years ago, 1-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: SSC (was Re: Best pneumatic hexapod yet!)

(...) I should say it would look more 'natural'. How easy will it be to install a normally closed (while the foot is in the air) touch sensor in the foot? Will the feet be required to do much rotating and/or sliding while taking a step? (I assume it (...) (19 years ago, 1-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Crane mathematics

Does anyone who makes cranes have some easy math such as geometry for crane design? The problem I see is that for a crane to be always balanced the weight in the back needs to move according to the load weight. The boom on mine bends, but when (...) (19 years ago, 1-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  8435 MOC by Rgeiger

This is an older post but look how well they used the parts! (URL) (19 years ago, 1-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSC (was Re: Best pneumatic hexapod yet!)

(...) No. The central timer is unchanged by switching from forward to reverse, or walk to turn. The things that do change behavior are the leg sweep pistons. These will do their best to accommidate the change, which may not have any affect until the (...) (19 years ago, 1-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  SSC (was Re: Best pneumatic hexapod yet!)

(...) Will it be necessary to switch anything at a specific time? For example, if SSC is walking forward, and it takes 3/4 of a step, then levers are flipped to make it turn (which would be reversing the legs on one side), to complete the "current" (...) (19 years ago, 1-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: clutches

(...) What about this (URL) ? I have successfully used that in applications requiring a clutch - in fact an elaborate multiplexer with a worm gear, two has bushes and two of these clutches. They do still crunch - but much less so than some other (...) (19 years ago, 1-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: clutches

(...) Lego have never made a clutch (correct me if im wrong and i don't consider this to be a "clutch"(URL) ) so i'll assume you are reffering to the gearbox. The beauty of the older style gearboxes (and what made them work) was the fact that the (...) (19 years ago, 1-Aug-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  Re: Best pneumatic hexapod yet!

(...) LOL! Well, in fact, when SSClagorpion is further along, the RCX will control two pneumatic multiplexors that control forward/reverse and turning/walking. With this new circuit the changes from turning/not turning, and forward reverse should be (...) (19 years ago, 31-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Best pneumatic hexapod yet!

(...) This is very much like input multiplexor I created when inventing my first pneumatic adding machine. The muxing was needed to create my 16 key keyboard. (URL) can see the resistor ladder network stack to the right of the keyboard. Also you can (...) (19 years ago, 31-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Best pneumatic hexapod yet!

(...) Will this be needed if we always have at least four feet locked into weight bearing state at a time? I've incorporated your folding/locking table leg into this walker. You will want touch sensors to avoid falling off the table though I guess. (...) (19 years ago, 31-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  clutches

I saw on some sites a pic of a lego clutch using the newer double bevel gears. This is basically the same type of clutch system used in earlier technic car sets (8860, 8865) and I was wondering, since those clutches used to jam (the gears couldn't (...) (19 years ago, 31-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  car seat - never-ending improvement

grrr oe (URL) <pixsrv@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message news:IKEnGy.1uCB@lugnet.com... (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  car seat - never-ending improvement

hi it's my 4th version of car seat sorry it's just webcam photo (very low quality) (URL) pictures and mlcad file soon pixel (19 years ago, 29-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Best pneumatic hexapod yet!

(...) Sounds like an ideal application for an RCX input multiplexer: (URL) You can then have 12 switches on your RCX to measure two positions on each of 6 legs. Using the thermometer setting on the ports, each combination of switches is (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

hi kevin and steve it should be the first moc where the rcx would be let's say a slave to pneumatic circuit am i right guys :D pixel "Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:IKEEqD.A0B@lugnet.com... (...) that (...) (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Best pneumatic hexapod yet!

(...) Yes, it should be just as doable as it would be with the quad-242 circuit. You could either use four switches to examine the timing circuit, or two switches to examine a leg. (...) ;^) (...) Kevin (19 years ago, 29-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Best pneumatic hexapod yet!

(...) Will this new central timing circuit allow you to attach touch sensors, so, if you wanted, you could track the state of the walker with an RCX? Just curious. :) Steve (19 years ago, 29-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Best pneumatic hexapod yet!

I am currently working on a eight legged walker that may end up being ssclagorpion, but who knows. It is using a new central timing circuit that should allow it to complete the walking sequence in four piston transitions. I had been in a DA for (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Best pneumatic hexapod yet!

thanx kevin for the explanation walker's masterpiece btw: how about scorpion is this project still alive (sorry i'm in my dark ages so i'm not following all topics carefully enough) in fact i'm a little bit forced to be in DA some of you maybe (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Best pneumatic hexapod yet!

Hi Pixel, The walker was built to someday be able to talk in any direction, not just forwards/backwards. Sigurd, didn't have enough pneumatic hardware to make this version omni-directional. This left the two side legs elbows disconnected. I have (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Best pneumatic hexapod yet!

hi it's heavy :) why two legs haven't last segment cylinders connected to the circuit? pixel "Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:IK55Eu.CpK@lugnet.com... (...) friend (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Brickshelf gallery identification

Does anyone know who Brickshelf gallery stidy belongs to? (URL) to .trains and .bionicle as thats what in the folders (19 years ago, 28-Jul-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Best pneumatic hexapod yet!

(...) Hi Andreas, Given my email exchanges with Sigurd, I believe that the circuit is a variation of the circuit I designed for my Quad242: (URL) If so, you can find out more about the circuit design here: (URL) It looks like each leg has three (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Timed Speed Build @ BrickFest

I received 8 responses and we have 5 slots. I'll send an email to everyone who responded directly to me and we will figure something out. Thank you. Christina Hitchcock BrickFestg. (19 years ago, 25-Jul-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.technic)

  Video of Hexapod by Sigurd

Sigurd sent this to me in the mail. The link is not public yet. Bob Fay (URL) wrote: i already take the top (switches control unit's) for my new project, but i've make it walk again (only forward) but i've put 2 small movie's in my gallery (URL) (19 years ago, 25-Jul-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Best pneumatic hexapod yet!

(...) If theres ever a blueprint of this one I´d like a copy...never tried to build something like it but might try some day... How many Pneumatic Cylinders (18+4?) and Switches (52?) were used? Andréas (19 years ago, 25-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Using town garage door pieces for bulldozer treads

(...) I'm not sure how you could use any of the doors w/ handles, since the handled-door panels have to be on the end of a series of doors... Might run the risk of popping apart too, I dunno... I asked a while ago in a thread about making custom (...) (19 years ago, 25-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Using town garage door pieces for bulldozer treads

(...) I think I still prefer the method of using technic tread links with 1x6 bricks for medium sized treads, and for huge treads - using hinges. I have seen at least one major oversized robot in lugnet robotics using plates with hinges between them (...) (19 years ago, 25-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Using town garage door pieces for bulldozer treads

Has anyone ever done this? They probably would not get good traction, seeing as how the only way to keep them from coming off the rollers is to put the handles on the inside and use them to hold the tread on. I think maybe it would be hard to get (...) (19 years ago, 25-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Best pneumatic hexapod yet!

(...) Hi Allan, I'm hoping that Sigurd will figure out how to post here. He became interested in pneumatics about a year ago, after studying my pneumatic creatures on my page: www.kclague.net. I don't think either of us have building instructions (...) (19 years ago, 25-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:IK55Eu.CpK@lugnet.com... (...) I hope there is a video of this somewhere. It is awesome construction and circuitry. I would love to see it in action. Bob Fay (URL) (19 years ago, 24-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Best pneumatic hexapod yet!

VERY cool robot. As computer science student, I'm always interested in new and unusual robots. Your friend wouldn't have some instructions for building this robot, would he? Or perhaps a webpage with more information? - Allan "Kevin L. Clague" (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Best pneumatic hexapod yet!

I don't know if any of you saw this fabulous pneumatic hexapod, but my friend Sigurd van Starkenberg: (URL) walks forward, backward and turns right and left. The thing that makes this superior to prior work is an elbow mid arm, that lengthens for (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.robotics) !

  Re: Are the new 8420 tires bigger than the last model's?

Hello Nathan, The largest tyres are the tyres from the power puller or the 4x4 off roader. these are 10.5 cm. but I believe you do know that. I would estimate these tyres are 8.1 cm in diameter as all motorcycle models do have tyres of this (...) (19 years ago, 23-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Timed Speed Build @ BrickFest

Attention all Technic Builders. We are looking for 5 experienced Technic Builders to participate in a timed speed build @ BrickFest on Saturday afternoon between 12:00pm and 2:00pm The build challenge is of the new 8421 Mobile Crane (URL) rules for (...) (19 years ago, 23-Jul-05, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Are the new 8420 tires bigger than the last model's?

(...) No, I believe the power puller balloon tyre is about the same diameter, and much wider. (...) Possibly. They may also be there as "spacers" to ensure the wheel is at the centre-line of the bike. As I don't have the set yet, I can't say for (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Are the new 8420 tires bigger than the last model's?

Are the tires for the 8420 set the largest size lego makes (4.25"?) What are the black ball joint-pieces between the rim and the bionicle round piece for? (URL) they just there to look like bearings? (19 years ago, 22-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorized WWII Style Tank

(...) I highlighted your original post, and I'm happy to learn a bit more about your model. It's my favorite kind - compact, beautiful and loaded with features (and gears...). Thanks for sharing, - David (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Avoiding motor stalls

(...) I don't think it could be dangerous for you (except perhaps a ball thrown in the eye?), but it may hurt your LEGO parts... when I dismantled my CD-launcher, one of the 2x1 Technic brick bearing the fast axle had a much bigger hole than (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Avoiding motor stalls

(...) WOAH. I don't think I'll gear it up at all. This thing's speed is now insane! The sound it makes is actually frightening. (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Avoiding motor stalls

(...) Hmmmm. I have but one of the ungeared 9V motors, and I'm using it in a ball pump, but I will try swapping motors. If I geared it up just a bit to handle the 90 degree angle (8-tooth gear to 24-tooth crown gear), do you think that would be (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Other coasters (was Re: Nico Bestanpouri's roller coaster

(...) Try (URL) (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Other coasters (was Re: Nico Bestanpouri's roller coaster

(...) <SNIP> (...) The mentioned link doesn't work anymore. Did you move your descriptions, or just deleted them? Where can we find those instructions now? Regards, Ludo (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Summer Days & weekend GBB (was Avoiding motor stalls)

(...) Minor one: the contraption I used to maintain the liftarms forming the ball tube spaced 2.5 (based on (URL)) got loose with time, now replaced with (URL) + (URL) Major one: the stirring blade was sometimes blocked by a ball half-engaged in (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Motorized WWII Style Tank

(...) I thought I should post a little more about this MOC. Each tread is individually powered (no adder/subtracter - not enough room insided in this version) and has pseudo-suspension. The turret can rotate through a continuous 360 rotation - the (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Summer Days & weekend GBB (was Avoiding motor stalls)

On Mon, July 18, 2005 10:51 am, Philippe Hurbain said: (...) ... (...) What was the problem? (...) I totally understand that. You'll notice the complete lack of write-ups of most of my modules. I did come across the above page a little earlier (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Summer Days & weekend GBB (was Avoiding motor stalls)

Hello Steve! (...) Yes, it was a great time! (...) Actually the best picture is here (URL) (but all text info is in French...). More on that module on my website in some future! (I also need to add an update on my ball pump module that I tuned after (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Summer Days & weekend GBB (was Avoiding motor stalls)

On Mon, July 18, 2005 4:48 am, Philippe Hurbain said: (...) Hey Philo! I was looking at the 'Summer Days' pictures. It looks like you guys had a bunch of fun, but many questions came to mind. I couldn't find a good picture of the Spybot-Train-GBC (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Avoiding motor stalls

(...) You might also use a fast 2838 motor (URL) to direct-drive the ball throwing wheel. A friend used this setup in a GBC module (URL) that worked several hours without motor problems. Philo (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Avoiding motor stalls

Update: there are now two motors driving this thing. They each have an 8 tooth gear that turn a 40-tooth gear placed between them -- instant torque, but less output speed. I put another 40-tooth gear on the same axle as that one and connect that (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 8421 first impressions

(...) Could they be for the alternate model? I only have one set and its staying built for a while so I haven't looked at the alternate. JB (19 years ago, 17-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8421 first impressions

(...) Took me six hours to build this beast (I always had a rate of ~300 parts per hour when it comes to Technic models). I’m 100% sure I’d followed the building instructions correctly, and in fact have a perfect and fully functional crane truck. (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: RC Hail-Fire

(...) Naah, I tried to keep it simple. i saw a few things in your online contraptions called "adder/subtractor". I figured the concept in the hail-fire with two differentials is similar. I built it smart first time around. I put in z24 as driving (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  MOC: Gantry Crane

I built this a fair while ago, but never posted it anywhere. Click the pic. (URL) Enjoy!! ROSCO (19 years ago, 15-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: 8420 technic Bike... new shock part....flaw or new feature?

(...) This seems to be an intended feature, as in my instruction set it shows that feature of the shock. I was not aware of the adjustability of them, will have to check into that. My shock was also dark blew in color and not yellow like the box and (...) (19 years ago, 11-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: RC Hail-Fire

(...) (URL) Cool! Hey did you try including the positional steering output and connecting it to a switch? You might be able to use the steering control instead of the aux if you can get that to work. Would probably require extra battery power on (...) (19 years ago, 11-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  RC Hail-Fire

G-Day, I finaly got around to photographing my Radio Controlled Hail-Fire Droid that i showed in April at a wargame show in Sydney called Leviathon. I put the pics on brickshelf: here(URL) The starwars fans were pretty impressed. I used the radio (...) (19 years ago, 10-Jul-05, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Avoiding motor stalls

(...) This may not eliminate stalls, but try adding a bunch of spinning mass (i.e., a flywheel) somewhere in your gear train, preferably at the output. A big Technic tire (like from 8448 or something similar) would work nicely for this. This will at (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Avoiding motor stalls

I thought of something else. I'm testing this thing with an RCX, and could it be that as the batteries get weaker the motor loses power, which makes stalls even more dangerous? (19 years ago, 9-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Avoiding motor stalls

I broke another 9V motor. See my (URL) post> for the first story. I'm building what amounts to a pitching machine for the Great Ball Contraption. In most TECHNIC building you're building a gear train to produce lots of power at the expense of speed. (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: 8420 technic Bike... new shock part....flaw or new feature?

Hello John, (...) The 8369 has two of these shocks. One as you noticed for the front axle and the second one for the rear axle. I do drive with this RC car outside and when driving on sand you want a lot of ground clearance. I have build myself a 4 (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8420 technic Bike... new shock part....flaw or new feature?

(...) Greetings ! Thanks Ralph and Maico, I did a search for the set 8420 and didn't see any more info. I hadn't noticed the shock in the 8369 so thanks for that info. How many shocks were included in the 8369 RC car set? I looked closely at the (...) (19 years ago, 8-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8420 technic Bike... new shock part....flaw or new feature?

Hello to you all, This question was asked before in this newsgroup. Then I also answered that these shock are indeed used in the 8369 Dirt Crusher, the radio controlled LEGO car. These shocks can be locked into half extended position and there is a (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8420 technic Bike... new shock part....flaw or new feature?

(...) Mine are dark grey and the instructions show yellow.maybe there was a production change too. I guess if we put them into a frame that has limits the travel so the shock doesnt fully compress it won't trigger the lock. this would make them a (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8420 technic Bike... new shock part....flaw or new feature?

That would be this RC racer, of course: (URL) Ralph (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  LPub building instructions for Shovel GBC module

As an exercise to learn the use of Kevin Clague's LPub, I created full building instructions for my (URL) GBC shovel module>. (2 URLs) The instructions are available as an Acrobat PDF (URL) 20 pages booklet> and as a (URL) collection of GIF images>, (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jul-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: 8420 technic Bike... new shock part....flaw or new feature?

(...) John, I think I saw this as a standard feature in the big RC car from LEGO. Ralph (19 years ago, 5-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8420 technic Bike... new shock part....flaw or new feature?

(...) My friends and I noticed this as well with a copy of 8420 that we opened up. I find the action a bit odd (it behaves something like a retractable ball-point pen), but wondered if there was some justification based on a more diverse use of the (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  8420 technic Bike... new shock part....flaw or new feature?

Greetings and Salutations! Having recently purchased two of these 8420 sets for the new wheels and the new tension adjustable shocks, I was checking out the travel and adjustable spring tension when I noticed the shock locking into a half extended (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bionicle MOCs for Brickfest 2005

(...) Regarding the question whether it is a Bionicle MOC or not - If the majority of parts are Bionicle or related parts such as technic, then it can be considered a Bionicle MOC. Having a large number of non Bionicle parts does not necessarily (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: 8421 first impressions

(...) Hi Gyl, one thing you could try is adding hoses to the unused cylinder outlets, and pushing lever handle partially in the end of the hose. I've found by adjusting how far the lever is up the hose you can partially block the hose, which would (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8421 first impressions

(...) I received mine Monday after ordering from Amazon.com. (Peeron RSS feeds rock!) I just completed it, and I pretty much agree with others' impressions here. The box is cool and huge, but I also didn't like having to tear it to open it. Like (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8421 first impressions

(...) Thanks, I did do that and it works so so, but not great (I stil have to very carefully partially open the switch so it leaks slowly) but certainly better than before. What's wierd is that there is actually an extra tee in the set, although not (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8421 first impressions

(...) well... you could just only switch the pneumatic switch to the centre stop. I have done this and the air gently flows out and the boom slowly lowers (not too slowly mind you, but it doesn't slam down). I think this is designed to only use two (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8421 first impressions

(...) I will make an assumption (not always a good idea) and say the 2 unused cylinder retract ports should be hooked together with 2 legs of a Tee, then the third leg of the Tee attaced to the unused port on the pneumatic switch. Every other (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Studs invade Bionicle world en masse!

(...) They had to do something... four years of releasing six heroes, six villainous henchmen, and various support sets was getting old. How often can you mutate a Toa and get kids to buy one with new armor or weapons (sorryImeantTools)? So I have (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Re: Technic/Mindstorms at BrickFest 2005

(...) The only FLL rule we are not enforcing is the restriction on software, so contestants may use any software they like. JB (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Technic/Mindstorms at BrickFest 2005

(...) 42 DAYS!!!.. oh wait I knew that ;-) See you all soon! ~Christina (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Technic/Mindstorms at BrickFest 2005

On Fri, July 1, 2005 12:36 pm, John Barnes said: (...) John, I plan on bring at least one of everthing on your list. However, unlike in previous years, winning all the competitions is not my primary goal. I have several interesting entries, so it (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 8421 first impressions

(...) Hi Vineet. In what way did you atached the extra tubes (there were a few cm of back and blue tubing left over after I cut the size I needed - I assume you are referring to those). Thanks, Gyl (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact