 Technic / *16701 (-100)
  Technic/Mindstorms at BrickFest 2005

BrickFest 2005 event planning and space allocation is in process. It would really help the planning process to get some idea of what competitions you might be planning on entering, and what Technic, Mindstorms or Great Ball Contraption MOCs you be (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 8421 first impressions

(...) As far as I understand it, having had a chance to chat with the set designer in Billund during the inside tour, the "buggy" motor is cheaper than the smaller one you are referring to. The buggy motor uses a conventional iron cored armature (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8421 first impressions

On Fri, July 1, 2005 10:17 am, Gyl said: (...) I replaced the single pair of pneumatic cylinders with two pair of pneumatic cylinders. It's a very easy change (except for securing the two cylinders end-to-end) That allows the boom to hold much more (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8421 first impressions

Yes. When I built the crane, I had the same problem. This can be fixed however. All you have to do is attach the extra tubes. (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8421 first impressions

(...) Thanks for the info. Still, I don't see the need to use this motor in the 8421. It only uses one motor, and it is not a very demanding application. They could have used the minimotor easily. It would have been smaller and less expensive, and (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8421 first impressions

(...) Hmm - not a lot more torque, but a huge amoutn of additional consumption, and fairly highly reduced efficiency. The 5292 appears to definately be the American SUV of the Lego motor range. I take it that for heavier torque - it is still better (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8421 first impressions

(...) Indeed... more torque, but lower efficiency: (URL) (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8421 first impressions

(...) I think it is supposed to deliver more torque than the standard motor. Anyone care to verify that for me? (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8421 first impressions

On Thu, June 30, 2005 11:49 pm, Gyl said: (...) The motor is the same used in the RC Racers. It's much more powerful than the other motor, runs three times as fast, but also draws more current. The two outputs run at different speeds. Steve (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Studs invade Bionicle world en masse!

(...) I am skeptical. I am old-school technic, and hated bionicle at first, but confess that I have learned to like it, and I have spent more on Bionicle this year than on system Lego this year (granted, I had 5years of Bionicle to catch up on, (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Re: 8421 first impressions

One other question regarding this set. Why the new type of motor? It is bigger than it needs to be, not any better as far as I can tell than the standard type (just as noisy anyway), and no doubt added to the cost of the set. It has two places that (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 8421 first impressions

Just completed 8421 myself. Impressions: -certainly the longest technic build I've ever had. -an excellent parts pack -looks very impressive when complete -functionality: vaguely disappointing. When all is said and done, what can this, the biggest (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Bionicle MOCs for Brickfest 2005

(Wouldn't cross-posting this to lugnet.events.brickfest have been appropriate?) (...) Do you have a definition for what percentage of non-Bionicle elements disqualifies a MOC? I, for instance, have built renditions of the Transformers G1 Autobots (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Larger Technic sets and Nitro Menace now on S@H

(...) Not at Toys Toys Toys, not at Bricks & Blocks, so I guess the lesser retailers haven't got them yet. I haven't checked Toy Blox yet 'cause they are far away and they sell some things at above MSRP. All I'm waiting for is for Bricks & Blocks to (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Studs invade Bionicle world en masse!

Hey guys, check out the new (URL) Battle of Metru Nui> set. This is the first time I see that many studs in a Bionicle set. I'm not usually into Bionicle; I am a fan of Technic proper, but I saw this and have to say WOW! Kids now get to get into hot (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jul-05, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Motorized WWII Style Tank

Enjoy when moderated (or is that "in moderation"?) (URL) Gallery> (URL) -Duane (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.build.military, lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  Re: What should you do with a stuck motor?

(...) Are they? I submitted a request for three replacement motors online about two months ago. 2 seized right out of the box (set 3038) and one has almost stopped working. (Since then I have had another one die on mee too) The following day I (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What should you do with a stuck motor?

Hello Jordan, (...) As Joäo said, opening 43362 is a nightmare (for more details, see (URL) and LEGO service is for sure the best way to go. (...) I don't think that your motor could electrically burnt. But I have seen 43362 motors with broken (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Larger Technic sets and Nitro Menace now on S@H

(...) I saw that today. The items were on sale at those prices (which, not accidentally, I believe are the current US$ prices) for about 3 hours today. They are gone now, back to regular price. I believe S@H made a mistake, and listed the Canadian (...) (19 years ago, 30-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: What should you do with a stuck motor?

On Wed, June 29, 2005 4:19 pm, Jordan Bradford said: (...) The folks at LEGO are VERY good about replacing messed up motors. I've done it all on-line, before. Steve (19 years ago, 29-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  What should you do with a stuck motor?

Last night I had a new-style 9V motor attached directly to a 40-tooth gear that was turning an 8-tooth gear. There was a fair amount of torque involved, and my motor stalled after a while. Now the thing won't turn unless I really force it. What (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Larger Technic sets and Nitro Menace now on S@H

Are any of these sets available at toy stores in toronto? (19 years ago, 29-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Larger Technic sets and Nitro Menace now on S@H

Up here in Canada, they're all cheap! The crane which costs $200 ist 3/4 the price. The bike ($70) is about $50, and the forklift ($100) is about $70. Is this a summer sale or something for the S@H? (19 years ago, 29-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Larger Technic sets and Nitro Menace now on S@H

(...) Well, I wouldn't say that - last week it said "Item not found", today it says "Not available in your country". At least now I can drool over the nice 360° pan & zoom shots of it, and the alternate model, while I wait to see how much my credit (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Larger Technic sets and Nitro Menace now on S@H

(...) As usual, no updates to S@H.au yet I'll have to wait a bit longer. (19 years ago, 29-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Larger Technic sets and Nitro Menace now on S@H

For those of you who are still waiting, the bigger "Authentic model for skilled builders" Technic sets are now available from Shop at Home. Unfortunately that means no more quick money for me... ;) And for those who like rice rockets/modded (...) (19 years ago, 29-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Bionicle MOCs for Brickfest 2005

I know you're out there ... the few, the daring, the Bionicle MOC builders. I've seen your work popping up now and then in this forum. Now its time to show it off to the rest of the AFOL world. Brickfest 2005 is coming August 12th through 14th, and (...) (19 years ago, 28-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: Remove part from

(...) There's also these, something my husband did before his passing: (URL) (19 years ago, 28-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: SSClagorpion - The Schedule

(...) Thanks Devin. I appreciate that very much. Kevin (19 years ago, 27-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: SSClagorpion - The Schedule

(...) Your acheivements already speak volumes for you. Take your time. ;-D (19 years ago, 27-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: SSClagorpion - The Schedule

On Mon, June 27, 2005 11:07 am, Kevin L. Clague said: (...) Currently, I have a list of about 20 things to bring to BrickFest. None of which are SSClagorpion... But I'm glad to hear that you're bringing a (some) GBC module(s). Steve (19 years ago, 27-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - The Schedule

(...) In the immortal words of ++lar, "That's a good start." ;) Actually, AT-ST's are one of my personal favorites. Can't wait to see your version. too bad about the RCX shifting, though... Rob (19 years ago, 27-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - The Schedule

(...) Well Rob, I took your oft repeated advice and did some building..... I recreated Robo-hominid, and prototyped a new AT-ST. THe legs on AT-ST are my best yet. I tried to eliminate having to toss the RCX side to side, but it didn't work. Time to (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

"Kevin L. Clague" <kevin_clague@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:IIr3G0.1J4H@lugnet.com... (...) Slacker... :P (19 years ago, 27-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: SSClagorpion - The Schedule

(...) I am the one holding up sclagorpion.... My life has finally settled down where I can have focused LEGO time again. I have been focusing on LPub and LSynth over in CAD. I have stareted to get a few more models ready for Brickfest, none of which (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: SSClagorpion - The Schedule

Goodness, I hate to bring up an old thread. In fact I think this one is over a year old! No matter, curiousity is burning a hole in my cranium, and that's not something you want happening! So, has this project halted and/or died, or are we just not (...) (19 years ago, 27-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 9751 software?9751 Interface Box and Transformer

Several of these (without software) were just sold on eBay...I got one! Now to find something to drive it. Is Robolab still the only way to use the 9751? Or, have there been other developments? Perhaps an addition to nqc and BricxCC? Any help would (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Demag AC 500 at my house!

(...) More pics uploaded. Check out the same site. (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Demag AC 500 at my house!

(...) Cool, thanks Vineet! But tch tch, those bad people, setting up the crane with only 2 outriggers deployed! ROSCO (19 years ago, 25-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest 2005 USA

On Fri, June 24, 2005 12:26 am, Kevin L. Clague said: (...) Kevin, That sounds good. I'm sure it will be more interesting than this little module: (URL) about you, Larry? Will you have any GBC stuff? Steve (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8420 Bike

(...) Are the tires the 10.7 cm diameter size or the 8.8 cm size like the older TLC bikes? (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Demag AC 500 at my house!

What else can a guy ask for? A few months ago I saw the huge Demag AC 1600, and roughly a month ago, right down the street from where I live, I found a Demag AC 500-1 SSL working on a condominium! Here are the pics, (URL) AC 1600 I took from my (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest 2005 USA

(...) Yes, I plan on bringing all my pneumatic creations. I plan on making a pneumatic ball contraption, what a suprise! (...) Kevin (19 years ago, 24-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Another crane builder

Even if it isn't finished, it is still taller than the builder and well done-therefore it is interesting. (URL) (19 years ago, 23-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8420 Bike

(...) No, it doesn't have front shocks, but that's not a big deal. I think the only problem I have with the set is that the wheels are only attached to one beam for each wheel; rather than using two beams for each side of the axle. It's not a big (...) (19 years ago, 23-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest 2005 USA

(...) Kevin, What are you bringing? All your pneumatic creations? I was overwhelmed by them last year, but now might have a clue what I was looking at. Are you participating in the "Great Ball Contraption?" Larry (19 years ago, 23-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: tougher lego gears

(...) It won't offer any support since the filling is not bonded to (or "integrated into") the gear body - they would just fly out when the gear cracks. (...) Which brings a question: Why use Lego in a rig with wood or aluminum? Is it a Lego MOC (...) (19 years ago, 23-Jun-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Brickfest 2005 USA

(...) I'm in. (...) Kevin (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Brickfest 2005 USA

Who all is going to brickfest in the US? Lord willing I will be there with all my construction equipment completed and on display. I am want to go not just to display my creations but to meet other lego builders that I have talked to on the net. (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: tougher lego gears

(...) I don't think the plastic-glue bond would have to be stronger than plastic with itself. I'm just talking about filling up the hole so that the gear won't crack as easily at the thin points next to the holes. This is where the breaks are always (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.technic)

  Re: tougher lego gears

(...) If the material is failing, I doubt filling the holes will help (perhaps, *maybe*, with a very strong glue, but I still doubt it). The problem is getting anything to bond the plastic nearly as strongly as the plastic bonds to itself. I don't (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.technic)

  Re: tougher lego gears

(...) This time I heated it for 10 minutes and let it cool in tap water for a fair while. The gear lasted noticeably longer - almost to the end (it's operating a elastic wind-back mechanism). But then it snapped. The gears always crack at the (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jun-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.technic)

  Re: tougher lego gears

(...) Dope another one. This time cool it with tap water, not iced water. You may have cooled it too fast, if I understand that thread correctly. Keith (19 years ago, 21-Jun-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.technic)

  Re: tougher lego gears

(...) Bummer. My suggestion would be to "gang" more gears side-by-side. You could use metal gears, like meccano or something, but you'd always have a weak point at the plastic/metal interface. Or you could do all the mechanicals in metal, and just (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jun-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.technic)

  Re: tougher lego gears

(...) I "doped" the gear and it still broke. I think it might have lasted a bit longer though. I put it in boiling water for 5 minutes then in iced water for 5 minutes. Didn't use it until about 15 minutes later. Any other suggestions? Jack (19 years ago, 21-Jun-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.technic)

  Re: tougher lego gears

(...) Take a look at this: (URL) - David (19 years ago, 20-Jun-05, to lugnet.parts.custom, lugnet.parts.mod, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8421 first impressions

(...) I like the smaller lift & carry cranes, which actually run the hoist cable through the boom extension, so that extending the boom doesn't require letting out any cable at all. (...) That may be a playability decision. As I found with my (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 8421 first impressions

(...) I also have finished this set and I also like the boom extension, but the main problems for me seem to be that the boom extension doesn't move smoothly, and the outriggers follow the same pattern as the ones from earlier sets (8862, 8460). (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8421 first impressions

(...) I just finished mine as well. It is quite an incredible set to build and operate. I like how the cable spools itself in and out with the boom extension/retract though sometimes one seems to outrun the other. With the boom up and extended I (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8421 first impressions

Well, I just finished building this set and all I can say is WOW!! This supplants the space shuttle set as the ultimate technic building set in my humble opinion. The whole body section of the vehicle is chocked full of mechanisms. There's (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: www.engineeringwithabs.ch updated

Hi Nathan (...) Thank you for your compliments concerning my homepage and my models. (...) Yes, they are. But only for the first few hours of operation. Of course, they don't have to be red but it is the color scheme, Albian Sands has ordered their (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: 8421 first impressions

(...) Hi Keith I got one here in Toronto soon after we corresponded :-) Just started building it today. It will likely take a couple of weeks given the size of this set and my lack of time. It's certainly the most impressive Technic set I have ever (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8421 first impressions

(...) I posted one to Bricklink already. :D (...) The 32-long axle first came out with the minifig hockey sets as control sticks, then as the slide pole for 7240 file station. Before this the longest axle is 12. Lego once said on their site that (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8421 first impressions

(...) I must say with respect to the box, the same thing applies for the 8416 set, which is disappointing. Now all I have to do is get 8421, where can I get one delivered to Australia? Cheers, AP. (19 years ago, 17-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  8421 first impressions

My 8421 crane arrived today and I'm going to give my first impressions. I did a quickie pen and paper inventory that I may try to later key in and submit to peeron (Honestly i've never done an inventory and I'm a bit intimidated by the size of this (...) (19 years ago, 17-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mmmm...mmm, read links

(...) Look at the other images included. ROSCO (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Mmmm...mmm, read links

(...) (URL) Hey cool I read 'em too! :smack: Oooops, wrong forum ;-) Legoswami (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Mmmm...mmm, read links

(...) 20-cents per link. But I'm sure you noticed that as soon as you hit 'Post'. If they were 5-cents per link, I doubt that anyone would be selling them on BL for 35-40 cents per link... (URL) of this part are currently available in 7258 Wookie (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mmmm...mmm, read links

(...) So, where's the "steering feature"? Can't find it with the zoom. I still think it is cheaper to buy tread links from Pitsco: US$10.00 for 50 links is only US$.05 per link, and no icky brown pieces! (URL) Andrew Meyer (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: www.engineeringwithabs.ch updated

(...) Great website Beat! It looks like you combine model team and technic which is hard to do, considering one theme is based on aesthetics and the other on function. The models look perfect and sturdy. Are the tracks on the real thing really red? (...) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: Mmmm...mmm, tread links

(...) Might not be "canon" but boy would it be cool! (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mmmm...mmm, tread links

(...) I think Lego needs to sneak a Junkbot in there somewhere... (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Mmmm...mmm, read links

The new Sandcrawler set is now available at S@H, and using the new zoom feature, it appears to have around 280 tread links!! Pity about all that brown... (URL) (19 years ago, 16-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8416 Forklift Bushes

looks like you got it finished up and posted to peeron. i was hopping someone would inventory this set so i could see what was in it before i buy it. thanks! i hope Parts Catalog did not give you too many hassles. now if someone would inventory 8420 (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8416 Forklift Bushes

I am sure there are a couple of errors in the list, I am trying parts catalog, but this is the first use of it. Anyways I do know that: 1. there are two ropes which are a problem, as they has end pieces which I have not seen before 2. There were (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8416 Forklift Bushes

(...) of them in that helicopter set... they are really good - the deep groove is good at stopping the thread from popping out of the pulley as it easily does with the older types. Jennifer (19 years ago, 15-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 8416 Forklift Bushes

(...) Hello Andrew, I looked at the (URL) forklift inventory>, I think that the "11 3706 MdStone Technic Axle 6" are probably "11 300 MdStone (URL) Technic Axle 7>", and "18 4265b MdStone Technic Bush 1/2 Type II" are "18 4265c (URL) MdStone Technic (...) (19 years ago, 15-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Slightly off-topic

(...) THomas- The alternate model is a cherry picker. (19 years ago, 14-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Slightly off-topic

I posted this to marketing but hate not to mention it here as well. The 8416 Forklift and 8421 Crane are on the USA TRU/Amazon website now. Do a search for Lego Technic as they don't seem to be found by set # yet. I ordered the crane, it should (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8416 Forklift Bushes

(...) Yep those look like them. Cheers, AP (19 years ago, 14-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 8416 Forklift Bushes

(...) Andrew, I believe they are this part: (2 URLs) (19 years ago, 14-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 8416 Forklift Bushes

(...) You mean the red ones? Looks like the wheel hub 42610 from sets 4403, 8434,... Maarten (19 years ago, 14-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Who is "CTB?"

(...) The creations are made by Carsten B. Thomsen from Denmark, member of the Group, LEGO® enthusiasts in Denmark. (URL) Byggepladen> Best regards, Anders Gaasedal (URL) LEGO Trucks & Cranes> (19 years ago, 14-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Who is "CTB?"

(...) That would be Carsten B Thomsen: (URL) well. Olof (19 years ago, 14-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  8416 Forklift Bushes

Anyone seen the 4 bushes used to run the thread (which is also weird as it has round pins on each end) on the 8416 Forklift before? I am trying to do an inventory, and I can't find them, I think they are new? Cheers, AP. (19 years ago, 14-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Who is "CTB?"

(...) in hopes that whoever it is, periodically searches LUGNET for those three letters... :) Best, - Joe (19 years ago, 13-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: www.engineeringwithabs.ch updated

Hi Steve (...) Thanks. Maybe you have already read it - scale was dictated by another, not yet published creation. I am still waiting for a nice day without wind... ...to take pictures of that one, standing besides the Mercedes. (...) Thanks again. (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: www.engineeringwithabs.ch updated

Hi Anders (...) Thanks for your compliments. Yes, my aim was to implement as many working details as possible on both models. This sometimes leads to the situation where I have to decide wether to go for functionality or look. This time I was able (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Who is "CTB?"

Someone just bombarded brickshelf with hardcore cars and motorcycles! Do they work for TLC? (URL) (19 years ago, 13-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic) !

  Re: Problems with RC receiver range? (Piece 6272)

Hello Ron, For as far as I can tell, you have done the right things: checking the batteries and the antennas. I have the same problem too sometimes, but when I check it out the problem is mostly weak batteries or an antenna that as come loose. Did (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.games.lego.racers)

  Problems with RC receiver range? (Piece 6272)

Okay, I recently bought two lego racers kits, the Supersonic (8366) and the Race Buggy (8475). I put together the Buggy first, and for some reason it didn't work at all, so I gave up and waited a day; at which point it started working for some odd (...) (19 years ago, 12-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.games.lego.racers)

  Re: www.engineeringwithabs.ch updated

(...) Hi Beat I've studied your Mercedes-Benz / NAW SK 3550 8x4/4 and I'm really impressed by how well you've captured the shape of the real thing, particulary as you've done it in a scale smaller than the more commonplace 1:13. The shape of the cab (...) (19 years ago, 11-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: www.engineeringwithabs.ch updated

(...) Hi Beat, Congratulation to your great new models, I havent read the whole description yet, just ran through the pictures, but I will sure start to read the whole description very soon. You have found room for an enormous amount of details on (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  www.engineeringwithabs.ch updated

Hello all Finally, after over a year, Engineering with ABS, my homepage featuring Technic and Modelteam like creations has been updated. So what's new? Well, let's start with what might interest you most, the new MOCS: (URL) Still remember my (...) (19 years ago, 9-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX) !

  Re: Another good model team builder

(...) wonder.....? fifth wheel is right on! nice job. Glen Bell (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Another good model team builder

(URL) (19 years ago, 8-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Volvo FH16 with 3 axle Goldhofer step frame trailer, Scale 1:13

(...) Thanks Dennis for all the nice comments, here and in lowlug.nl. I have bought all the sand blue bricks on bricklink. And yes, a yellow machine would suit well for the truck, try to visit my (URL) website> there you will find some early (...) (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Volvo FH16 with 3 axle Goldhofer step frame trailer, Scale 1:13

(...) Thanks. No, it is the trailer that is airsuspensioned, you can read about it on my (URL) website> , the middle axle on the tractor is also airsuspensioned. Regards, Anders (19 years ago, 7-Jun-05, to lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  EVIL ENGINES at BrickFest 2005

Warlords of the Realm, hail! (squeaky trumpet sound) I hereby do announce that BrickFest 2005 Castle Room will be hosting the EVIL ENGINES catapult competition! All elligible catapults will of course work (they will launch a lego projectile of your (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.technic) !!

  Re: 8421 Crane spotted in Toronto suburbs

Thanks for the info; I went yesterday to Oakville and got it. It looks really neat! Pros: 3 section boom more wheels motor to operate both the extension and the hook lowering Cons: Not many technic/regular bricks outriggers (19 years ago, 6-Jun-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact