 Technic / *14171 (-20)
  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

Lego haven't said they are dropping it. Some journalist suffering from premature extrapolation decided thats what Lego's original statement meant. (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is the difference between... ?

"Juergen Stuber" <stuber@loria.fr> wrote in message news:861xq5i9ys.fsf@loria.fr... (...) studs on it as a liftarm. Parts like x200, 2825, 32348 and even 32482. I don't think TLC thought out how the naming was going to work when designing the (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

(...) What about RC cars, racers, spybots and all that super-specialized stuff? -- Anders Isaksson, Sweden BlockCAD: (2 URLs) (21 years ago, 1-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

In lugnet.dear-lego, Mark Tarrabain wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> Spybotics? They are listed on a separate page from Mindstorms on the S@H website. Lots of big, expensive products with little building flexibility just sitting there on the shelves... (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

(...) Okay, then when LEGO said they would be dropping their electronics and movie tie in products, exactly what did they mean by "electronics" then? Mindstorms has been, afaik, LEGO's chief electronic product recently. We have two apparently (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

(...) Dear John, Have you seen Jake McKee's statement? "... Mindstorms is not going away, but may continue to evolve. Like all technology products, Mindstorms will continue to grow and improve as consumers gain new technology knowledge and (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

I wrote Michael Anderson (firmware guru at TLC) expressing my concerns about the future of Mindstorms based on the recent press regarding TLC's financial woes. I asked him if he could reassure me. He said, "there are some very interesting projects (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

(...) If TLC is trying to control costs and return to profitability, they will want to cut products that have a bad profit margin for them. This would likely include Star Wars and Harry Potter on the basis of licensing fees and specialized part (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is the difference between... ?

(...) Thanks, that explains where it comes from. So liftarms should be those which have axle holes at the end, otherwise it'll be hard to lift things with them, right? Jürgen (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?

(...) I only know one language, so you are way ahead of me. :) (...) I understand completely. And agree totally. (...) I think we were sort of saying the same thing... just using different words. :) All the best, Allan B. (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Fire truck of LEGO ..... or not?

"Allan Bedford" <ExpertBuilder-DELET...otome.com> wrote in message news:HrC4AA.1JKr@lugnet.com... (...) i'm sorry my english is weak i know i meant to ask rhetoric what for TLC released FT in a shape which cannot be recognized as FT :) (...) holy (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

let's don't make things worse than they really are if we think "the core" is brick and nothing more then we should think TLC will stop producting plates which is stupid so IMO technic is a patr of "core" the same with liftarms (studless beams) "the (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What is the difference between... ?

(...) Good link... thanks! For some reason (in my little brain) those are the only ones I call liftarms. And for the triangles, I use the nickname 'hanger' since they sort of look like clothes hangers... well, at least to me. (...) Not a problem. :) (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: What is the difference between... ?

(...) <set:5280> Thanks for a very interesting post, - David (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technica

In lugnet.technic, Jim Hughes wrote: <snip> (...) Thank you Jim! I figured you'd reappear some day :-) Thanks to Clark as well! I'm happy to see Technica online again. best, TJ (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Truck MOC

Hi All, I built this truck after seeing an advertisement on tv for a trucking company. Deep Link: (URL) model features: +Easy step down gas tank... view: (URL) +Fifth wheel with electrical attachments and guage and rear windows with lights... view: (...) (21 years ago, 12-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technica

Hello Jim, That's great news! I really missed Technica, especially its perfectly photographed parts... By the way, a short tutorial on your method for part shooting/image preparation would be a great addition to your site! Thanks for your efforts, (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technica

Well before I even take a look at it "A GREAT BIG THANKS", I have been following broken links to the old sit for several months now since I got back into Lego. Just prepare for a lot of heavy bandwidth usage LOL. Again many thanks, Gaz. "Allan (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: HELLO?!, LEGO CO. ! was: Will the educational arm of Technic & Mindstorms continue?

"Jeff Szklennik" <jeffszklennik@usaexpress.net> wrote in message news:HrCCrt.1A8G@lugnet.com... (...) products, (...) in (...) change, (...) a part (...) that it's (...) returning to. (...) days' (...) it; I (...) Well all I can say is that, if (...) (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technica

(...) results of your hard work. Thanks for this good news. All the best, Allan B. (21 years ago, 11-Jan-04, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact