 Technic / *13976 (-20)
  Re: New Years Resolution Runner

(...) Update: I've improved my quad design, and now it bounces off of all four legs and leaves the ground for short periods of time. The downside is that it's pretty erratic, but with some tweaking, I might be able to get a decent bounding gait. (...) (21 years ago, 1-Dec-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Crane Pics on Brickshelf!

Hey, I finished my minifig crane is the link to the Brickshelf file is below... (URL) always welcome. HAPPY LEGO HOLIDAYS (21 years ago, 1-Dec-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New LEGOTIC Hand

"chrismaker" <chrismaker@noos.fr> wrote in message news:Hp6I4M.Gup@lugnet.com... (...) detects near (...) Bionicle (...) auto-adaptative. (...) rotation (...) part. (...) mechanical operation and the appearance. Congratulations! (21 years ago, 30-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: JCB JS220 Excavator

Hi Jennifer It was definitely worth to wait for your newest marvel! It's wheter a CAT nor a Liebherr - finally a model that is truly different from what we've seen so far ;-) When I saw the first pictures, I thought 1x6 tiles on the crawlers would (...) (21 years ago, 30-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  New LEGOTIC Hand

Hi everybody, this is my new LEGOTIC-hand. (URL) finger is auto-adaptative, an IR sensor (built in Philo's Lab) detects near objects. I spent a lot of time on geometry and design, as you can see I' ve used Bionicle part. One cylinder acts thumb. One (...) (21 years ago, 30-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic) !!

  Re: JCB JS220 Excavator

(...) Thanks for the comments Lindsay, it is good to hear that the model is working visually. One of my concerns was that the boom would look "bitty" with all the workings such as pneumatic hoses, cylinder guides etc not present on the real (...) (21 years ago, 30-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Simulating pneumatic sequencers, was Re: Pneumatic Quadraped 242

(...) Hi Kevin, Here is a simple circuit that also require some initialisation: (URL) didn't find the digital equivalent of the .IC (initial condition) used in analog simulations, but if you use the probe tool (arrow on the screen capture) and click (...) (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Simulating pneumatic sequencers, was Re: Pneumatic Quadraped 242

(...) Philo, I downloaded the tools, and entered the base schematic for Quad242. Quad242 depends on some initial conditions where 4 of the 5 flops have a value of 1. I've read the docs and not found a way to preset the flops. Any ideas? Your choice (...) (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Yellow blues...

(...) There have always been some variation in colors. I have seen several hues of standard red, yellow, blue and white in new sets. Sofar it has meant nothing! Martin (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Yellow blues...

(...) OK. did you check the color against many older parts? (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Yellow blues...

(...) I don't think it is the case here, since two different kind of parts have exactly the same hue. And with a dirty nozzle you usually don't get an homogeneous color. Here parts have a very nice yellow color - but different from other parts in (...) (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Yellow blues...

(...) Wow. Yellow? I will be interested whether this is just another dirty nozzle or consistent new hue. Dirty nozzle means not pure yellow--my yellows are greenish, like they were made immediately after a blue run. Two bad shades came in the same (...) (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  robotics

hi i just found this (URL) looks like robitic bricks :) pixel (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: JCB JS220 Excavator

(...) One of these days :-) It is probably doable with the small pneumatic cylinder. (...) I came across this when building the JS70 model on my website, the datasheet mentioned a "parallel offset boom" and I had no idea what it was until I asked (...) (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Yellow blues...

A new basic color seems to have been hit by the "color shift syndrom": yellow. When I opened my brand new (URL) 8455 Backhoe Loader>, I noticed that some parts ((URL) RC Race Buggy'> and (URL) 'Technic Liftarm 1 x 7 Bent'>) had a slightly darker, (...) (21 years ago, 28-Nov-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Pneumatic Quadraped 242

(...) Thanks Eric! (...) Sure! (...) I just ordered up 20 small pistons to make one that is faster. I should add head and tail. I wonder if a tail and a head can be articulated so I can reduce foot side. (...) Thanks Eric. (...) Very cool Eric! (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Crane

(...) Yes it does, but without the 2x4s, your boom will be able to shear - ie the parallelogram created by the beams & 1x4 plates only has friction holding it square, and a long boom built that way may fail. If the 1x4s are on the top/bottom it (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Pneumatic Quadraped 242

(...) Perfect! (...) Way to go! (...) (URL) Facinating! (...) Intense! (...) Can I build a Mecha Sheith for it? An outer skin? Can I can I! Question: Any entertainment for a Tail of some sort to study the effect during articulation? Nice work. e (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: Lewa in Exo Toa Zaps Makuta

(...) And of course how you created the zap effect. I can quite easily create the fireball (I did a smaller version in my film Glowing Orbs) but the lightning stumps me. You didn't draw each part by hand, did you?! ~Mike (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.animation, lugnet.technic.bionicle)

  Re: JCB JS220 Excavator

(...) While the model works with the standard Lego battery box as shown, I usually run it from 8 NiMH rechargeables giving 9.6V. These are housed in the back of the superstructure in the same place as the battery box. At exhibitions when the (...) (21 years ago, 27-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact