 Technic / *13906 (-20)
  Re: JCB JS220 Excavator

(...) Thanks for those comments Tobbe, they are well received since this balance and tuning of which you speak was the main thing I was aiming for with this model. I wanted it to be robust as well, and indeed even after I thought I had completed it (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: JCB JS220 Excavator

(...) Despite the fact that you have amazed me to a great extent at no less then five different occations - I'm stunned! This exceeds anything I've ever seen done in the field of Technic/Modelteam previously - really! It pushes the envelope of LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: JCB JS220 Excavator

(...) Once again you've shown us your first class engineering and art using LEGO. Oh, and I second Anton's post- "Hey LEGO! We want to see Jennifer's work made into a retail set!" Adr. (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: The badgers have driven me insane...

Tim Courtney's utterance expressed in news:HotHB2.1FuL@lugnet.com: (...) | lars gjerløw jørgensen | lgj[at]jyde[dot]dk | | N55 43.184 E12 32.405 | www.lgj.dk | oz2lgj | "there's an infinite number of monkeys outside who want to talk to us about this (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.technic, lugnet.fun)

  Re: JCB JS220 Excavator

Woof! That looks great! Wow! You really know how to make 'em! e (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: JCB JS220 Excavator

(...) I knew someone would say that! It had to be you Larry :-) Jennifer (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: JCB JS220 Excavator

(...) It would indeed be too short for the turntable. However, if Lego come out with a spacer part, perhaps one or two studs long, that meshed with the teeth on the clutch gears it would be possible to make concentric shafts of arbitrary length and (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: JCB JS220 Excavator

(...) I have done some tests in the past with adder-subtracter based tracked vehicles and have two major problems with them. The first is that in straight line travel you are only getting the benefit of one motor driving the tracks, whereas with the (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: JCB JS220 Excavator

"Jennifer Clark" <jen@vulture.dmem.strath.ac.uk> wrote in message news:HovtHu.nFK@lugnet.com... (...) this is nothing special :) it means jen made awsome model as usually it's marvelous many bows to you jen pixel (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: JCB JS220 Excavator

(...) Amazing! A wonderful model, Jennifer. Thank you very much for sharing your ideas and for putting so much time into showing us the details. I will spend the rest of the day watching this page. :o] Hey LEGO/TLC! This is a very good model for you (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: JCB JS220 Excavator

(...) Except for the stickers! :-) (1) Wow, what an awesome model. How are you going to top yourself next? Spotlighted. ++Lar 1 - I'm not purist enough to eschew custom stickers, mind you, but I couldn't let your claim slide... :-) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: JCB JS220 Excavator

(...) Stunning! Beautiful work, as usual. Excavators are fascinating and you have done a great job at modeling both the functionality and appearance of the real thing. I have been really impressed with the design and content of your website, and (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: JCB JS220 Excavator

(...) Thanks for another great write-up Jen - and another great model! Been looking forward to the details :) One question I have though - did you investigate using an adder-subtracter in the base? using the centre axle for drive and the clutch (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  JCB JS220 Excavator

I have finished the webpage for my JCB JS220 Excavator model and placed it online here :- (URL) The model is pneumatic/electric and is operated by a separate hand controller which also contains the pneumatic pump and pressure cutoff switch. Purists (...) (21 years ago, 25-Nov-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.modelteam, FTX) !!

  Re: The badgers have driven me insane...

(...) Alright, which one of you emailed this link somewhere? I am getting 100 times as many hits on just the movie as I am on the page that the movie's on, but I'm not getting anything on my referral reports. It's threatening my bandwidth limit, and (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.technic, lugnet.fun)

  Re: The badgers have driven me insane...

"Adrian Drake" <adrian@brickfrenzy.com> wrote in message news:Hos9t9.oH5@lugnet.com... (...) mushroom (...) Great stuff!! LOL Rob (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.technic, lugnet.fun)

  Re: Pneumatic Quadraped 242

(...) Thanks Philo! So far the feedback on the sequencer paper has been positive. Now that I've learned enough to write that paper, I'm prepared to make some really complicated pneumatic circuits. The cornerstone of the sequencer design methodology (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Pneumatic Quadraped 242

(...) Thanks Tobbe! (...) How would turntables help the design? Right now the whole thing is studless except for the feet. To use the studly turntables would require major framework redesign (not that that is a bad thing :^) You are right it is not (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Pneumatic Quadraped 242

(...) Cool! Would it benefit from turntables between the feet and legs? These turntable 2 x 2: (URL) these turntable 4 x 4: (URL) like it looses alot of traction, perhaps if the foot could remain more still it would be better? (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Pneumatic Quadraped 242

Thanks, Kevin, quadraped explanations are very interesting, and you sequencer paper is a "must read" !!! Philo (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact