 Technic / *13826 (-20)
  Re: Pnumatic Grabber arm using Large (48mm) cylinders

Here be grabbers: (URL) last two use the small cylinder, but I'm sure you can beef things up a bit and use the big ones. Have fun! :) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Pneumatic Quadraped 242

(...) Wow, that's massive! And a video of at least one cycle would be helpful :) Why the large footprint? (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics)

  Pnumatic Grabber arm using Large (48mm) cylinders

Hi, i want to build a small pnumatic grabber for a little single rcx robot that i am building. The only problem is, i only have the pnumatic parts from the backhoe and ultimate builders set. I can't seem to come up with a design for a grabber that (...) (21 years ago, 14-Nov-03, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Pneumatic Quadraped 242

Hi All, I just snapped some pictures of my latest MOC. It is a pneumatic quadraped that has an advanced walking gait made completely out of lego pneumatics. Instant walking, just add air pressure. Quad242's front left and back right legs are paired (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: One Input - Two Outputs?

(...) The key to making this work is to ensure that there is tension at either end of the run that keeps the worm gear at one end of the axle or the other until it hits a hard stop. For example, my robot arm uses rubber bands to hold the gripper (...) (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Anybody bought the 8438 Crane Truck yet?

philohome@free.fr (Philippe Hurbain) wrote in <Ho8En8.1Cyz@lugnet.com>: (...) I checked the instructions. The alternate model looks the same as in the original release (a truck with small crane), and it uses 2 cylinders. (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: One Input - Two Outputs?

Hi! Here's something at Brickshelf that might, or might not, be of help: (URL) pretty compact. Although it feels like a dif. and a couple of ratchets would do the same thing (but not what you're looking for). (21 years ago, 13-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: One Input - Two Outputs?

(...) Well, I think this is going to work. Do you have any pictures of the logic/gearing used downline from the transmission? I am concerned with how the worm gear makes the transition from front to back and the resulting interaction with the drive (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: One Input - Two Outputs?

(...) That's one of the links I was trying to find the other day! Thanks. I'm not sure if it will do what I want, but I'll have to stare at it a while to find out. Keep the ideas coming, if there are more. -Duane (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: One Input - Two Outputs?

(...) You also might check out a construct called a Directional Transmission. This is a simple setup using a sliding worm gear that does pretty much what you are describing. Michael Powell has a web page describing his design that I used (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: One Input - Two Outputs?

(...) One way to do that is to have a rubber-band/spring/shock holding "Output B" in it's starting position. Then, you can use a differential to move both A and B. Going forward, A will be easier to drive, so it will push A to it's limit, then B (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  One Input - Two Outputs?

Has anyone been able to drive two seperate outputs with a single motor? Here's what I'm looking for advice on: Step One: Motor and Outputs A and B are all in their Home position. Step Two: Motor is manually turned on and Output A is driven to it's (...) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: polish version of mlcad

DL (URL) (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Anybody bought the 8438 Crane Truck yet?

(...) Did you check the alternate model? maybe it is a new one and requires 4 cylinders ??? Philo (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Anybody bought the 8438 Crane Truck yet?

(...) I just bought an 8438, and it also contained 4 cylinders, so it may not have been an accident. Could they be clearing out their inventory of old-style cylinders? HdJ (21 years ago, 12-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: threaded axle

(...) Not sure, but Doug Carlson has some info on it (something about a 2mm pitch): (URL) you can easily thread a regular axle by using a die. 10-24 and 10-32 work well. There's a little trick to it, as Doug figured out and recently communicated (...) (21 years ago, 11-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: polish version of mlcad

(...) Doceniam wysilek, dzieki! :) (21 years ago, 11-Nov-03, to lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: New MOC: Scania Garbage Truck

(...) You could use two belt wheels which you put together with the three friction pins. Then the problem is the steering outcome is too big. I still prefer my system while it doesn't require much space. It still is good enough because I don't drive (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: Has the technic "rotor" liftarm been discontinued or replaced?

"Philippe Hurbain" <philohome@free.fr> wrote in message news:Hny36E.zL9@lugnet.com... (...) on (...) from (...) Both the propellor and the 2L half beam are listed on that page though, see the bottom two lines: 2M Beam x2 3x120 Lever x2. In the (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic)

  threaded axle

Just wondered if damaged threaded axles can be cleaned down with a die or a thread restoring file??? If it can be,what die do I use or what is the pitch of the thread??? ,and no cheating Lego Australia don't hand out replacement/missing threaded (...) (21 years ago, 8-Nov-03, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact