 Technic / *10846 (-20)
  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

(...) Sorry, I didn't mean to give the wrong impression. I'm quite fond of the 'real' crash trucks. I think they are a wonderful blend of function vs. form. They are superbly rugged looking... something the LEGO model lacks woefully. It wasn't the (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

Its worth taking a close look at some of the other items on marz. 4481 (a Star Wars set) seems to have some interesting looking ring gears. (What might once have been referred to as Technic parts ;) I wonder what options will exist to attach things (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

As one who has spent alot of time in recent days complaining about the lack of new sets, I am thrilled with these new sets. I love the backhoe and I think the fire truck looks great too. Count me in to preorder these and get them as soon as Lego has (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

Yeah!! :) I think, despite the odd looks of some of the models, the message is clear - Technic as a name may have fallen by the wayside, at least in TLC's plans, but the idea behind the parts is still alive and well - "build working models". That (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

"Allan Bedford" <ExpertBuilder-DELET...otome.com> wrote in message news:H87rMF.3Ay@lugnet.com... (...) I totaly agree. I take 3 of that one, please! :) Can anyone see if there is a pnaumatic tank in there some place? I dont have one yet... (...) (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

(...) Of course you do... why wouldn't you? ;) Don't worry Larry, I'm not interested in making this into a federal case. You make good points and I am not going to just pretend that my opinion is the only one. I certainly don't want to offend anyone (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

(...) earlier this year and saw those actual trucks or ones very like them. It's sort of what you'd get if you mixed that reviled lime green LEGO color with the standard LEGO yellow we love so much, and then added a bit of white to lighten things (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

Before reading any more of my reply, remember, I **agree** with you, I'm not very keen on the model either. Although... Nik likes it better than the backhoe. But then, he's 10. (...) How about this prototype? (URL) (from the site you referenced.... (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

(...) Really? See the link near the bottom of this post. I think a lot of them are still traditional red, or often bright yellow. Just my opinion, I really can't back this up with any data. (...) Mechanism to do what do you think? I figure the two (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

(...) Yes, or ARFF's as they are affectionately known. But I should have qualified my proposal by saying, "if you asked the general public." Larry, you are far too knowledgeable when it comes to transportation, vehicles etc. to not see the vague (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Tech not dead

(...) Wow! 9 cylinders, that's unprecedented, It's also the same number as on my AK912 crane. The thought of adding pnumatics to the shovel on the original JCB had crossed my mind before. Jonathan Wilson's right, the lack of beams is appalling. The (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

(...) I like the backhoe model as well, although I wonder if there are going to be any blue airtanks included... hopefully, since this looks like a large model using the 8466's large tires. It seems strange to me to have one technic set with 9 (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

(...) It looks a lot like an airport crash truck (a kind of fire truck) to me. Right down to the low slung body and fat all terrain wheels. The sickening lime green color is all the latest rage in crash truck colors, apparently.... (URL) that ugly (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

(...) Releasing sets like that is NOT the way to get me to reach for my wallet. The 3 small mini sets look acceptable though. As for the backhoe, its got some good points (the large quantity of Pneumatics for one) but the worst point is that it (...) (22 years ago, 5-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

(...) This is what I think of when I think of LEGO Technic models. This has a very realistic look to it. Very well done! Someone once asked me why I felt so strongly that the Jack Stone series was a bad move for the company. I told them that, "it (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  TECHNIC IS NOT DEAD!!!

Check out this backhoe with 9(!!) pneumatic cylinders: (URL) this 8-wheeled fire truck with 6 steering wheels: (URL) there are more technic sets: (URL) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.technic) !

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) We need more ranting, not less. Rants almost always give greater insight into your personal experience, and that can only be beneficial. It may not be the easiest thing to swallow, but truth is like that. I agree with you on every other point, (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) The 24 hour cartoon channels are great! They keep my bird entertained while I'm at work (he likes Nick the best). As to children, just don't let them watch all the time (though in truth I'll sit and watch The Fairly Oddparents or Samurai Jack (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Jama - "My chest is looking at you"

(...) I just developed a super secret "Invinso-Spray" A super durable one micron thick layer of protection. Wax on- Wax off- Only problem I got is I have to stash my computer in a little heated hut about two meters away due to the cord of the Vision (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What a downer :-(

"Steve Burge" <steveburge@b_i_g_f_o_o_t.com> wrote in message news:H856EB.6DA@lugnet.com... <snip> Video games have an advantage over board games in that you can play them when no-one else is willing to play a game with you</snip> Isn't that down to (...) (22 years ago, 4-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact