 Storage / 535
534  |  536
Subject:
Official Lego storage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Thu, 18 May 2000 22:54:17 GMT

A few days ago I unearthed some official Lego storage trays at my parent's
house (currently used for pens, sellotape etc). I would like to know their
origins and as I have not found any reference on LUGNET, could someone
possibly enlighten me? Details are;

From memory they are about 80mm deep, 200mm wide and 400mm long. The trays are
compartmentalised into 4 sections, two small and two large and feature a red
carrying handle in the top which slides down flush into the tray centre.

On the sides of the tray there is  a black 'Lego' logo in a blue square
outlined in black. On the underside of the trays there is a ring of studs, 2
wide, around the perimeter with one or two stud gaps diagonally opposite each
other. The interior features a ribbed effect to the base.

I can remember being given these trays by a friend as part of a load of lego
way back in 1975.

Any ideas?

Jon