 Storage / 530
529  |  531
Subject:
Good, cheap storage boxes at Home Depot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.storage
Date:
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 03:53:03 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Our local Home Depot (Albany, NY, USA) has a good bargain for Lego storage
boxes:

Tuff 'Tainer by Flambeau Products Corp, Middlefield Ohio, 44062,
800-232-3474.

These come in two sizes. I like the larger of the two. (Part #5004)The outside
dimensions
are 14" long x 8.5" deep x 1.75" high, with slightly rounded corners.  There
is a hinged top with two hefty snap locks. Inside the boxes are divided
parallel to the long axis by three full-height partitions, giving four long
spaces that are almost exactly 2" deep. These dividers have 11 slots into
which you can slip from zero to 11 cross dividers. If all 11 cross dividers
are in the spaces are 1" wide. Cross dividers are supplied to fill about
one-half the slots, giving you 24 2" x 2" spaces.

The best part is the price, less than $3.00 each at Home Depot. I have bought
a ton of these. The 2" depth of each row is too small to fit the very
largest pieces, like big plates, but everything else fits well, and the
variable size bins are great. The cross pieces fit VERY snugly with a dovetail
joint, and there is NO tendency for parts to 'leak' into other bins under the
movable partitions, unlike several other boxes I tried.

Great box, great price, IMHO.  I have no connection to Home Depot or the
manufacturer: just a satisifed customer.

-Bill Leue