 Storage / 46
  How do you clean legos?

  Re: How do you clean legos?

James Beerman wrote in message ... (...) Check the RTL FAQ. Jesse ___...___ Jesse The Jolly Jingoist Looking for answers? Read the rec.toys.lego FAQ! (URL) in Deja News! (URL) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: How do you clean legos?

(...) Beer. (sorry couldn't pass it up! :) No, but seriously, I just use plain water for 80% of cleaning, water with mild dish soap for 19%. Any other solvents or solutions can be hard on the plastic. Some folks say rubbing alcohol, but don't let it (...) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: How do you clean legos?

(...) I use Palmolive and warm water. One thing I also do is I have a large wire seive (basically like window screen only finer) that I place in a larger pot of water and soap. That makes draining them much easier. For drying, I air dry them. I have (...) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: How do you clean legos?

(...) Hmm. Interesting. Never thought of draining them. Usually I shake the bigger drops out with my hand. (...) Definitely. Air-drying and cotton, the only ways to go. I use towels. Never used a blow-dryer for that though. Anyone ever tried (...) (26 years ago, 13-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: How do you clean legos?

> Does anyone know the best way to clean legos? I have a better question: does anybody know the best way to clean an ALREADY ASSEMBLED lego set, short of disasembling it? I have very large buildings in my collection (1000s of pieces each) none of (...) (26 years ago, 13-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: How do you clean legos?

(...) What I have done in the past, with minimal "breakage", is to put the "construction" in the tub and let the luke warm water from the shower GENTLY flow over it. It does, however, take a lot longer to dry. And if you are storing it in the (...) (26 years ago, 14-Oct-98, to lugnet.storage)

  Re: How do you clean legos?